rocket bunny spoiler vs fake

LDUNKZ18

wanting to get a rocket bunny spoiler but cant justify spending £330 on one. theres cheap fake ones but looking at pics they look like they fit the tailgate the same and aren't the wide of the tailgate either.. has anyone fitted a cheap one?

post-28224-0-97643600-1454869388_thumb.jpg

post-28224-0-20041700-1454869407_thumb.jpg

wanting to get a rocket bunny spoiler but cant justify spending £330 on one. theres cheap fake ones but looking at pics they look like they fit the tailgate the same and aren't the wide of the tailgate either.. has anyone fitted a cheap one?

"...width of the tailgate..."

Also some punctuation errors.

• Like 2

yeah that comment was very helpful haha. thanks tomzzzcattle I've even looked at s14 ducktails they have the extra "width" but would need some modifying to fit or it wont fit at all. Or I'm thinking of getting the cheap one for the 350, cut it in half and extend it using some aluminium and built it up with fiberglass, would be a lot of work and would need done correctly either wise I'd have wasted 150 buck on a spoiler that ive cut in two haha

By the time you have bought "cheap" and "fake" and f****d about trying to make it fit or buying one to fit another car you will wish you had just spent the extra and got one that fitted in the first place for the extra, hardly like your saving a fortune @ £180, about 3 hours work in a bodyshop.

Edited by Jetpilot

Any aftermarket parts will take fettling to fit.Pritchards rocket bunny kit was undersized and had to be suplimented by RTP.If you buy aftermarket products they will rarely just bolt on and need to be fettled by someone who has experience of doing the job.The product will only be as good as the fit.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Jetpilot.Do they not need fettling too ?.Seen the OP works in a body shop and is a painter so at little surprised at the thread.Interested to get your view though on the kits you mention.

Edited by Payco

Light fettling on the most part in my experience, nothing like reshaping, poor mounting points or lack of that you get with replicas.. Original stuff like Nismo, Mazdaspeed, TRD will be as close to oem as you can get. Moulds loose shape over time, especially with the heat gel coat releases, taken out of moulds too quick, poor lay up of materials is your main issues.

Personally id always go for the real deal over cheap. Id spend the extra and get a good fitment...plus if youre good at what you do, imagine the final result if you have a good kit to start with. I think that you'd get more satisfaction knowing you have a reliable, good, tried and tested mould, sprayed and finished by yourself. Just my opinion anyways.

• Like 1