Altruistic Delivery Service

steve_b

Whilst on the topic of stealing good ideas from other sites.

On the 7 site I use there is an Altruistic Delivery service.

What it means if you need something moving round the country but not in a hurry and do not want to pay for couriers then you post a request to see if anyone is going your way.

Ie, if you buy spare wheel from a member down south and you live in Jockland then you post to say "anyone coming from London to Glasgow."

You may be lucky but if not then you use a courier.

Please Note:

This is not intended to be a same day / next day delivery service.

If you need 24 hour delivery then a commercial concern will guarantee it.

Similarly, all persons involved will be volunteers doing you a favour and therefore if you feel you need insurance for the transportation use a commercial courier.

On the 7 site people can make a donation for the service to a charity the 7 club support but again up to the member to donate or not.

I travel a bit and willing to help also, but it works out a bit strange at times and many can help out.

I had a chap from Bristol drop a hood off at Reading where I work, then the other chap from somewhere picked it up. The problem was they could not meet up a a convenient time, I just acted as a holding area until the second chap finished his work and picked up from me. I did not actual go anywhere.

Just to let you know this is from a Caterham forum and the zed has at least twice as much space as a Caterham.

May work, may not but LOMOTO may be the first to help.

I have 2 track wheels for the rear of a zed, that live in Oxford but could in Reading most days. Anyone can have them if they buy me a single beer one day. (these are track wheels only as straight and true but cosmetically not the best)

Do not want money as they are only worth less than £100 but I am not willing to drive 200 miles just to give them away and postage would cost too much to make it worthwhile for the receiving party.

Also looking for someone passing Oxford/Reading going to disgy's area to drop off a couple of 350z-UK numbers plates.

good idea................

but out zeds arnt exactly transit vans................... :surrender:

I`d be happy to help if necessary. I travel from Newcastle (home) to Liverpool, Leeds and sometimes Cromer and Woking and Hull.

Soon to be doing a bit more travelling to the Edinburgh area (roughly) and possibly Rotherham.

I can't guarantee speed, but if people can drop of and collect local to them then I can do the rest.

i go to dartford sometimes from north west............. :thumbs:

Like once a year? :lol:

I have couriers going all over the place. Sorry I cant be specific but if its posted at the time and i can help out, i will.

i go at least twice.............................. :p:lol:

LMAO :lol:

in fact if you got a courier goin in a few months perhaps he could take me.............!! :lol:

Or bring you home and rent a room ;)

:lol:

Ahh this place is funny tonight!!

The drivers about 25stone with blond thinning hair. Dont worry stuey, he isnt thepicky sort, he'll have you! :lol:

LMAO :lol:

in fact if you got a courier goin in a few months perhaps he could take me.............!! :lol:

Or bring you home and rent a room ;)

:lol:

Ahh this place is funny tonight!!

The drivers about 25stone with blond thinning hair. Dont worry stuey, he isnt thepicky sort, he'll have you! :lol:

:scare: your scarein me now............... :headhurt:

taxi for stuey........................ :lol:

I'm willing to drop off parts in Dubai, Vegas or Oz :teeth: .. if you pay my ticket.

On a serious note though it's a good idea :thumbs:

Guessing Japan and Italy are out of the question then.......Gutted i needed some parts going there too :dry:

.... that's on the way ot Oz ... G'day mate :lol: