Blob eye wrx

Jimmyflo

On my third Scooby, one classic and two blobs. Best cars I have ever owned. A WRX is pretty comparable to a standard Zed in terms of trim and ride. An STi is the next level up so it depends what you are looking for in a car.

What I will say is if you are going to start modding, then either do it cautiously and properly on a WRX or forget it and start at an STi. The WRX will only be happy to go to around 280 - 300bhp on OEM internals until something fails and it usually fails big time. Personally, on a WRX I would only do a filter, exhaust, fuel pump and remap on OEM engine.

It would be nice to know why you want to go from a Zed to a Scooby. If it's for 4 seats and a boot then fair enough. If it's for performance then forget a WRX, you will be disappointed as not a lot in it so go for an STi. As I say, best cars I have ever owned and that includes my Elise and DC5.

I don't think my WRX is anyway comparable to my zed. Completely different trim and ride! One has raw, in ya face turbo power and AWD. Great for accelerating super fast from stationary and feeling the g-force. Rough interior. The other is refined power that just keeps going, unbelievable handling (when you get it right), much nicer interior. I know which one I get more smiles with....although the Scooby doesn't punish me if I'm having an 'off or tired' day. Both great cars, I'm lucky I have both.....not sure I would swap zed for Scooby!

I wonder if they upgraded the interior on the Blobs as mine is really posh inside and certainly not rough. It also drives really smooth. It is different to my 2003 that I had. Certainly wouldn't call it raw. It's why I use it for long journeys as it's just so chilled and comfortable but has the power still.

Main reason is i get bored of cars very quickly, there are so many that I like so I struggle to keep cars for long. I've had the zed for 2.5 years now so fancy a change. In my head I justify this by telling myself if i get a more practical car I can also get rid of my Octavia daily. Having read people's experiences though I may stick with the zed and upgrade the Octavia to relieve my thirst for a new car.

Main reason is i get bored of cars very quickly, there are so many that I like so I struggle to keep cars for long. I've had the zed for 2.5 years now so fancy a change. In my head I justify this by telling myself if i get a more practical car I can also get rid of my Octavia daily. Having read people's experiences though I may stick with the zed and upgrade the Octavia to relieve my thirst for a new car.

Oh well in that case, definitely ditch the Octavia!

Seen a few cars to tempt me, mainly an e class and an is200 for less than £1400 ;)

Seen a few cars to tempt me, mainly an e class and an is200 for less than £1400 ;)

I can never make my mind up about Lexus....sounds like a bargain though!

I don't think going to a WRX will satisfy you enough after a Zed I'm afraid, especially if you have an Octavia. I think you will get bored of the WRX much quicker and despite the performance being similar, the whole experience and theatre that you get with a Zed (RWD, 2 seater etc.) far outweighs it. Despite the Scooby having 4WD and turbo, the difference is not enough to make the change. An STi might be but I would still test drive first.

I don't think going to a WRX will satisfy you enough after a Zed I'm afraid, especially if you have an Octavia. I think you will get bored of the WRX much quicker and despite the performance being similar, the whole experience and theatre that you get with a Zed (RWD, 2 seater etc.) far outweighs it. Despite the Scooby having 4WD and turbo, the difference is not enough to make the change. An STi might be but I would still test drive first.

Unless he gets a posh one ;) I've obviously got the chav version lol

• Like 1

Unless he gets a posh one ;) I've obviously got the chav version lol

Pikey :lol:

Don't give up ;) there are certainly more cars out there that offer a different driving experience to the Zed for the same money. I would wholeheartedly recommend every petrolhead should own a VX or Elise at some point in their life, makes the Zed seem like you were driving a bus :lol: - (prepares flame suit)

I have been making my way through a number of cars since the Zed and enjoying the different offerings, that said was a bit confused as to why you would go for a WRX as well as some other people on here.

Don't give up ;) there are certainly more cars out there that offer a different driving experience to the Zed for the same money. I would wholeheartedly recommend every petrolhead should own a VX or Elise at some point in their life, makes the Zed seem like you were driving a bus :lol: - (prepares flame suit)

I have been making my way through a number of cars since the Zed and enjoying the different offerings, that said was a bit confused as to why you would go for a WRX as well as some other people on here.

I own an Elise so I can tell you anything you might want to know about then if interested :)

Absolutely, but just tossing the idea out there, I had the VX as my only car ;)

Loads of cars out there that give an exciting and different ride to the zed, I am still astonished at how cheap you can get GT4s for, an absolute bargain for instance. Its old but its had all the consumables done on it, no signs of rust, engine still in great shape etc.

But yes, my comment still stands, any petrol head should own an elise or vx at some point - its as close to driving a single seater as you can get and utterly thrilling each time you get in the car.