Checklist before I handover my cash!

Vinny73

Hi all

So Saturday is the day I go check it over, test drive and pay the hard earned on http://www.cc4cars.c...sed-cars/NISSAN

Spoke to a couple of you via threads or mail, need a checklist of things to check on the day, any help compiliing further appreciated. So far, check the following;

- Roof function and alignment opening / closing

- Bonnet alignment and ensuring doesnt catch the A pillars

- Window seals wear at the top back corner ( I assume these are the seals on the hood )

- Seat bolster wear (beyond what you may expect for a low miler)

- Wheel condition

- Brake disc wear and condition (pads if can see)

- Tyre condition and wear

- No warning lights on dash

- Oil temp after running to use temperature (what should it be?)

- Drives straight

- Brakes straight and no juddering

- Overall condition of bodywork and paint

Car was dealer serviced about 750 miles ago and has a new MOT so should generally be ok.

It's only being offered with a 3 mth RAC warranty however.

Any other things to look out for?

Cheers

Vin

Edited by Vinny73

Hi check underneath for general rust and condition of W brace corrosion - if possible get it on a ramp ������

Corrosion on a 2011 27k miler? :-/ don't think they'll have a ramp, where's the W brace?

Main thing is if there are any tears or tearing in the roof, or if the roof catches the windows walk away. Dont let the company offer to fix it for you as it will likely re-occur. I know one car that had 3 different hoods replaced and the problem still occurred

Main thing is if there are any tears or tearing in the roof, or if the roof catches the windows walk away. Dont let the company offer to fix it for you as it will likely re-occur. I know one car that had 3 different hoods replaced and the problem still occurred

What specifically should I look for and test with the roof catching the windows, will it be obvious? How will I know they havent put in place a temporary fix already?

Hi all

So Saturday is the day I go check it over, test drive and pay the hard earned on http://www.cc4cars.c...sed-cars/NISSAN

Spoke to a couple of you via threads or mail, need a checklist of things to check on the day, any help compiliing further appreciated. So far, check the following;

- Roof function and alignment opening / closing

- Bonnet alignment and ensuring doesnt catch the A pillars

- Window seals wear at the top back corner ( I assume these are the seals on the hood )

- Seat bolster wear (beyond what you may expect for a low miler)

- Wheel condition

- Brake disc wear and condition (pads if can see)

- Tyre condition and wear

- No warning lights on dash

- Oil temp after running to use temperature (what should it be?)

- Drives straight

- Brakes straight and no juddering

- Overall condition of bodywork and paint

Car was dealer serviced about 750 miles ago and has a new MOT so should generally be ok.

It's only being offered with a 3 mth RAC warranty however.

Any other things to look out for?

Cheers

Vin

Vin, pretty comprehensive, the compressor in in the boot under the carpet.

Take a copy of the service schedule with you to check its all been done, I think 5 years, it needs plugs, get them to do that if it was not done at last service or use it to negotiate.

Same with the W brace, it will be rusty you can see it by just looking under the car just behind the rear doors. Not an issue but again good for negotiation.

The car is a good price though!

No spare wheel, just the compressor and some gunk to seal the tyre.

My initial impression was that the car was not that quick/responsive.

The throttle travel is massive on the 370Z so make sure you use the length of the throttle travel to really feel the urge.

They are much quicker than initially they feel particularly when you get used to driving them.

What specifically should I look for and test with the roof catching the windows, will it be obvious? How will I know they havent put in place a temporary fix already?

Just look for any wear around the roof material near the top of the windows

Figured I'd not worry about the exhaust, will sort that, all other checks were OK with just the front tyres both slightly more worn on the outside by 1-1.5mm than the inside.

Discs had a slight lip, but not well worn.

Rest of the car was in v good clean confition.

Test drive was fine, nothing of concern.

Had said yeah I'll take it, did a final walk around then booom!! Noticed 2 marks bottom centre of drivers door... Turned out to be 2 rust bubbles under the paint, very noticeable in daylight, couldn't see in the showroom or didn't notice anyway.

Initially thought just picked up road debris, sadly not the case. So for today I have walked away, but they have said they will get that sorted.

Is rust / rust bubbles normal on a 2011 370Z?

Pretty gutted as thought I would be driving the 200 miles home in it today!!

Does seem strange, no rust bubbles on mine at all, a fair few stone chips though, all touched up.

Are you sure they were not just stone chips that have been left untreated?

Don't worry about the exhaust all Z exhausts seem to me made of cast off tin foil.

You would want a stainless system anyway!

Rob