350Z Bolster re-trim - is it possible to re-trim just one?

Mikevv

Hi guys, since I've had my Z the bolster has bugged me, it had the usual wear and tear, but the dealer said he'd sort it for me - Turns out that he thought a rip could be fixed with an oddly misshapen blob of hot resin by the looks of it. Not even a nice even shape - A right blood mess. I had to do the cringe-worthy sharpie repair to try and hide the surrounding bits he missed that were still a bit grey - Here is an embarrassing pic of the side bolster, not the base by my butt!!! Hard to tell in the pic I know but its early in the morning and I cba ;)

20160112_045413_zps2be1b2df.jpg

Anyways, ignoring my dodgy repair skills, would it be possible to just repair one bolster? My drivers seat inner bolster (towards the inside of the car) is fine, foam still firm and everything, but the one used the get in and out of the car is bad.

I did the scientific squeeze test... the foam seems to have collapsed or at the least is a hell of a lot softer, and obviously the tear/repair stuff bugs me and I want to get it fixed and looking good :)

Having seen quotes for around £300 a seat, I can't quite justify that for a tiny niggle - Don't quite find the 350z seats that great, but then again, I am of a small build so not many seats hold me :(

(I sat in a Focus ST the other day, and that thing hugged me nicely - I'm 6 ft 2 and weigh around 13 stone - lean build if anyone cares - just so you know I have no rolls to work with haha )

Anyways a long ramble for a short question - Can you re trim just one bolster?

Also going to be cheeky here and ask another question, roughly how much would it be to add heated seats into a seat?

Love the feature in the winter - and a lot of aftermarket seats I like don't have it :(

EDIT : I will be adding more pics later when I finish work, and it MIGHT be light. Just so the pro's can see the general condition of the seat and advise me on what to do. I'm in two minds... fix it so it looks decent, or go apeshit and go fancy.

Want to get a Mustang eventually, but that's 2 years away, so the seats gotta look good and stay looking decent for resale, without bleeding me dry - Tough order to meet I guess !

Edited by Mikevv

Just got home, tried to get a better picture for the scale of things - What do people think, is it worth repairing? Should I do the whole seat?

I'm leaning towards repair to be honest, wanting to find an economical fix, but the other part of me is saying " spoil yourself, it's going all that way "

20160112_091954_zpsg5hpya2m.jpg