350z 35th Anniversary edition for sale

Gus-350z

Hi gus! I got slightly messed around with last week when I tried to buy my first zed, although I can kind of sympathise with the seller and it wasn't entirely their fault (sort of).

Anyway I think I've found another one, but unfortunately I'm stuck up in Durham with work at the moment and can't go and look at it so I thought it could be helpful if I stuck the details up on here to see what you zed gurus think!

So without any further ado, here we go!

2005 (05)

Petrol

Coupe

Manual (6 Speed)

78,921 miles

Metallic GREY, 2 Owners From New, 2 Keys, Full Service History (7 Stamps + Mant invoices) Last Service at 70,226 miles Manual, MOT 08/10/2016, MOT History, 300 bhp ///

Tracker Fitted on 25/10/2007

Japanese import on 27/08/2007

35th Anniversary Edition

In January 2005, Nissan introduced the 35th Anniversary 6-speed manual models and Track models (mid-year introduction), which included the updated VQ35DE 300HP/260TQ Rev-up engine and new updated CD009 manual transmission. As well as minor changes to suspension tuning and parts

350Z 35th Anniversary Edition (2005)

_86_zpsopcxgrbw.jpg

_863_zpsxbmen0jf.jpg

_860_zpsd07lhxiu.jpg

_861_zpsjfqn58qw.jpg

_862_zpsnue6qbmk.jpg

_865_zps7bufhi8b.jpg

_866_zpsi053jwts.jpg

_867_zpsn8j5jarp.jpg

_868_zpsolzevbgq.jpg

Okay so it is a Jap import, but I've checked all the checks and everything and it seems good! Also the insurance isn't too bad either, only a tad more than a UK car. And the seats/badges etc all seem to confirm that it is an anniversary edition so that could be a small bonus.

I've also had a look at the MOT history and it seems pretty good, no obvious recurring mechanical problems or anything... The only thing is that they indicate that it will probably need some new front tyres and discs/pads soon, so that's worth baring in mind.

So yeah that's about it, what do you guys think?

Also, just as a long long shot! If anyone on here is based in Manchester and would be incredibly kind I would be more than happy to re-imburse anyone for time/petrol etc if they would offer to go and have a look for me, just PM me for details etc if you would be willing to do so!

Cheers guys

Gus

I've never heard of a 35th Anniversary 350 before ?

I just had a look on Wikipedia (not exactly always 100% correct I know) and this is what I found..

In 2005 Nissan launched a 35th Anniversary edition, with a revised exterior and interior (see Special Editions below). Early 2005 model-year 35th anniversary edition models were equipped with the original VQ35DE with 287HP/274TQ and automatic transmission. In January 2005, Nissan introduced the 35th Anniversary 6-speed manual models and Track models (mid-year introduction), which included the updated VQ35DE 300HP/260TQ Rev-up engine and new updated CD009 manual transmission. As well as minor changes to suspension tuning and parts.[7]

350Z 35th Anniversary Edition (2005)[edit]

To commemorate the 35th anniversary of the début of the Datsun 240Z, Nissan released a tuned version of the 350Z coupé. The 35th Anniversary Z was débuted at the Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas on November 2, followed by its first public appearance at the Miami Auto Show in early November. It went on sale in January 2005.[10]

The 35th Anniversary Edition includes an updated VQ35DE 300 hp (220 kW) V6 engine for the six-speed manual transmission model. Other key 35th Anniversary Z equipment (standard on six-speed automatic-equipped versions) includes unique 18-inch (460 mm) cast aluminium-alloy wheels, front spoilers, Brembo brakes and special Z badging. The car comes in a variety of unique colours "Ultra Yellow" body colours. This Z's interior also was available with a black set configuration. Also included was a Bose 7-speaker premium sound system. Only 500 copies of this collectors' item were released.

Seems to tally with the pictures & what I can see of the Zed so far. :thumbs:

It's up for £6k, here's the original listing!

(EDIT: forgot to actually paste the link.... http://www.asmotoruk.com/listings/nissan-350z-3-5-v6-fairlady-35th-anniversary-edt-2005/ )

I reckon (hope) baring in mind it needs new tyres, front wheels are a bit scuffed and what have you that the price is negociable.

Thanks for all the help so far guys! And yep I've done quite a lot of reading up on the 35th edition, I don't think it's far off the GT4 version we had over here, so up-rev motor, CD009 gearbox and then some snazzy (for 2005) interior pieces, including the 2 tone leather seats.

Is there anything in particular that needs special attention being a JDM model?

And please let me know if anyone's around the manchester area and fancies a test drive and look to see what it's like! As I said, I'll happily pay anyone that's free to help! I'd love to go and have a look myself but I'm stuck up here working at the moment and won't get a chance for at least a few weeks!

Edited by Gus-350z

, I don't think it's far off the GT4 version we had over here, so up-rev motor, CD009 gearbox and then some snazzy (for 2005) interior pieces, including the 2 tone leather seats.

No steering wheel controls so presumably no cruise control, other than that looks a very similar spec.

Pete

Okay so I've thought long and hard about this, and have spoke to the seller a lot and he seems like a really nice genuine guy! Went through all of the history and car documents over the phone etc and even had a facetime to look over the car and hear it start up etc! (Kinda weird I know, but next best thing as I really can't get the time off work to travel and look myself!)

I have managed to haggle down to a really good price, so before I think about completely commiting I was just wondering if anyone has any last opinions before I do so? Just general things such as the differences between the revup engine and normal DE, the subtle differences between JDM and UK models etc would be really helpful! (I've looked into all the main things, but any more info would be fantastic!)

Thanks in advance!