De-cat legality...

zippypooz

[quote name='Richf' timestamp='145237015' post='157225']
Fitting decats wouldn't keep me up at night, put it that way;)
[/quote]

Dont think they would keep anyone up, but the question is will it pass an mot ;)

I fitted decats the day after an mot, is a yearly swap much of a ball ache worst case scenario op?

• Like 1

[quote name='Kev T' timestamp='1452371948' post='1572266']
I have the Art decats mated to the XYZ HFC and the 370 has passed mot every year.
( so far)
[/quote]Ahhh!! Great!! No questions asked by the tester?
Are you happy with the results?

[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452372224' post='1572268']
[quote name='Kev T' timestamp='1452371948' post='1572266']
I have the Art decats mated to the XYZ HFC and the 370 has passed mot every year.
( so far)
[/quote]Ahhh!! Great!! No questions asked by the tester?
Are you happy with the results?
[/quote]
Yes it is a good combo and well made.

• Like 1

[quote name='Jetpilot' timestamp='1452371567' post='1572262']
The op's question was will they pass, not will they keep anyone up at night. My berks passed as do quite a few ;)
[/quote]As i said a decat will not allow a pass if the mot is done correctly, that is not the same as saying one will not be able to get an mot with a decat fitted .

• Like 1

Obviously it wouldn't pass the emissions test with de-cats fitted but if by some magic it did, and the de cats look like sports cats or at least thicker than the rest of the pipe work than there is no way to tell whats inside.
Obviously if its just been cut out and a piece of straight pipe welded in then its a fail. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452366485' post='1572208']
Id be interested to know if anyone has fitted de cats and an XYZ HFC pipe and passed a legit MOT.
[/quote]

I had the ARTs+XYZ/HFC combo on my HR and it passed, sometimes it required a second run to to warm up but that's not really an issue. I accidentally went decatted when I got a custom titanium exhaust made and they did it from the decats back rather than the XYZ/HFC pipe back... it's a pain to have to go to a friendly MOT tester to be honest, but not enough for me to bother replacing the ARTs.

[quote name='HaydnH' timestamp='1452519998' post='1572769']
[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452366485' post='1572208']
Id be interested to know if anyone has fitted de cats and an XYZ HFC pipe and passed a legit MOT.
[/quote]

I had the ARTs+XYZ/HFC combo on my HR and it passed, sometimes it required a second run to to warm up but that's not really an issue. I accidentally went decatted when I got a custom titanium exhaust made and they did it from the decats back rather than the XYZ/HFC pipe back... it's a pain to have to go to a friendly MOT tester to be honest, but not enough for me to bother replacing the ARTs.
[/quote]ahhhh sounds promising then!! Did you notice any drivability improvement with this combo?

[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452523868' post='1572803']
ahhhh sounds promising then!! Did you notice any drivability improvement with this combo?
[/quote]

Hard to tell, I also had an Uprev done at the same time so there was lots of difference, just not completely due to the exhaust. Great combo though. :thumbs: I actually miss my XYZ pipe even if I do have a custom titanium bit there now.

• Like 1

[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452537558' post='1572865']
I think an uprev may be worth doing after the Art pipes and xyz are fitted!...although ive heard conflicting stories on its results but im thinking art pipes and xyz may do the trick with uprev. Ive done all the other gubbins. :D
[/quote]

Yeah, moving the cat further down the exhaust chain apparently has an effect on torque after an uprev.... if I remember from what Mark@abbey was telling me ages ago.

[quote name='HaydnH' timestamp='1452685867' post='1573587']
[quote name='zippypooz' timestamp='1452537558' post='1572865']
I think an uprev may be worth doing after the Art pipes and xyz are fitted!...although ive heard conflicting stories on its results but im thinking art pipes and xyz may do the trick with uprev. Ive done all the other gubbins. :D
[/quote]

Yeah, moving the cat further down the exhaust chain apparently has an effect on torque after an uprev.... if I remember from what Mark@abbey was telling me ages ago.
[/quote]did he uprev your car?