Traction

guBBy

im still waiting to find out what tyres were fitted! i'm guessing they are seriously shoddy :lol:

I mean the zed is a reasonably grunty car, but wheelspin in third is a little alarming.

PS ignore the detracters, flooring it from 4000rpm in 3rd is a standard overtaking move for me.

Aside from the things which others have said, my friend had a Z many years ago that also would do this.

My one doesn't at all, and I suspected that it could be bushings which are worn out.

So I'd recommend at least inspecting them after cleaning to see the condition, I can't remember how easy it is to check the differential bushings but also do it if you can.

its gonna be tyres. Its ALWAYS tyres. if the OP isn't running round on wangching dingdong ditchfinders i'll eat my own hair.

Yes those things are the obvious BUT with my friends car, he was on the Bridgestones (this was pre MPSS), car serviced, aligned etc etc - and I'm sure it was failed bushings.

It was a 'Friday car' - on a test drive after one main servicing going from 5th to 6th - the gear stick dropped down like it was going to go into reverse on the motorway :lol::scare:

Could be nothing more that conditions. I span my rear wheels at around 60mph in 6th gear in a straight line doing down a hill. It was very wet and I was very close to a junction so there may diesel on the road. Car had MPSS all round.