Ceika Brakes

bakseedaa

Just been speaking with one of the people from Ceika brakes today. They ar in Taiwan not China as he keeps stating. He claims to say 60% to 70% of the high end brakes are made around there. I have been quoted £3200.00 for a full set of brakes 405 discs front 8 pot calipers and 308 mm 6 pot calipers rear all on floating discs and all painted to any colour I require including hats.. I've seen on the M5 forum and the Lexis forum that the few people who haveithem are happy with them except one whose order didn't fit and he didn't get a refund. I was going to buy a set from Torqen but these are cheaper and bigger discs I have 20" rims that is why I want to fill inside the rims. Has anybody heard of Ceika or had any dealings with them? I know with brakes it is not about cheapness but about build quality that is why I am asking the question

If it's not about price, then why mention it? Of course that's a huge factor in your decision, no need to pretend otherwise. Cost is always a factor.

It sounds like to me that these are exactly what you're after, in terms of size of the rotor to fill the space behind the wheel. If they're at a price you're happy with, then go for it! Someone has to be the first, and there's nowhere near enough data out there that I can see to make any kind of reasoned decision.

If you ask me if I would get them, the answer is no. There's enough proven data on the myriad of kits out there right now that I'd go with someone in the UK who I know I can get any issues sorted out with, without needing to buy a plane ticket. That doesn't make them crap, nor does it make me paranoid. When it comes to purchases like this, I tend to stick with the known as brakes aren't something I'm willing to take a gamble on.

• Like 4

I wasn't saying price isn't a factor. If it wasn't a factor I would have AP brakes all round. What I meant was they are half the price of AP but I wouldn't want half the stopping power.... I know what you mean though about dealing with a UK based dealer. Hopefully I can sort something out with Adrian and then Pritchard he could send me a free sample if not the brakes then maybe the AAM TT kit, either would do me 😂

I wasn't saying price isn't a factor. If it wasn't a factor I would have AP brakes all round. What I meant was they are half the price of AP but I wouldn't want half the stopping power.... I know what you mean though about dealing with a UK based dealer. Hopefully I can sort something out with Adrian and then Pritchard he could send me a free sample if not the brakes then maybe the AAM TT kit, either would do me ������

You wont get half the stopping power, big brakes actually dont increase stopping power that much, what they do offer is better feel, cooling, so less fade when in harsh environments, i.e track.

You will probably find build quality is the only possible issue and by that i mean, lifespan, as well as not having as mentioned a UK point of contact.

http://www.zeckhause...ting_Brakes.htm

Edited by Jetpilot