URGENT HELP - Immobiliser & Spare Key

Pritchard

hey guys,

Im at work with my regular carkey. the missus has a spare at hom and the car needs to be moved down the road for a delivery. shes able to unlock the car but not start it. the spare key doesnt have the 'lock, unlcok' button, so i assume the immobiliser is still turned on?

any help would be awesome please, im googling away but cant find a hit.

(what good is a spare key if it doesnt start the car?!)

reading that it might not be 'programmed', but its just a generic looking key with Nissan stamped on it, that doesnt actually have a locl/unlcok button. so, im not sure if its an issue with the key or or the fact the key isnt able to turn off the alarm/immob

Could be a dummy glovebox key?

The immobiliser function is separate from the remote lock/unlock so although the alarm would have gone mental the car should still start if its a pukka key.

hmmmm.

ok, so i left my car locked, locked by pressing the padlock on my key. I assume this arms the alarm too?

missus had access to the spare key that has no remote-locking button. she put the key in the door and turned, the door unlocks.

no alarm goes off.

key goes into ignitiion and turns fine, ignition comes on but car wont fire. just engine spin.

are you saying the alarm should have gone off too ??