Nearly ready to buy my Zed.

Ardhard

So I'm 40 early next year and have never owned a sports car yet. This is about to change and what better excuse than a mid-life crisis :)

I'm from Essex and will be looking to get as much for £6k as I can.

I'm thinking blue at the moment, 55 plate or above and as low mileage as possible.

If anyone knows someone thinking of selling, please let me know and any advise on which derivative to go for would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Get that left leg ready for a work out if you've not test drove one yet :lol: If you can I'd try and get an HR model 57 onwards I think? (seen a reasonable amount of HR's going for £8.5K if you can stretch it) Either way you'll still love it, lot of character the 350 and that's what makes it fun! :thumbs:

• Like 1

At £6k I would be looking at a DE 2006 or older, I recently bought a 05' gunmetal grey with 55k for £7000, although it did need some prep (x4 tyres) £550 and £200 paintwork. But it was what I wanted so I didn't mind paying :) good luck with your search, I was on the lookout for about 6 months. Now does seem like a good time to buy, with winter and all.

• Like 1

Lol, as soon as my son turned 18 last year I traded in my dire E46 M3 for a two seater. The Z to me anyway is a much better car and has that feel good factor to boot. The only compromise I've made is the quality of the interior but it was a small price to pay overall.Enjoy.

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments.

Really looking forward to having some power under the foot. Never had a car over a 2ltr. So I guess I will notice the change from my KA workhorse!!

At £6k I would be looking at a DE 2006 or older, I recently bought a 05' gunmetal grey with 55k for £7000, although it did need some prep (x4 tyres) £550 and £200 paintwork. But it was what I wanted so I didn't mind paying :) good luck with your search, I was on the lookout for about 6 months. Now does seem like a good time to buy, with winter and all.

Going to have to scrub up on my model types. Not heard of a DE or HR before. Is there anywhere I can find the differences easily?

I did the same thing - wanted to own a proper sports car before I'm 40 - and settled on the Zed.

Twelve years later, I have the same original Zed and am still enjoying it immensley.

Good choice :) But be prepared - it ain't cheap to maintain

TT.

'Gulp' anything specific I should look out for when buying??

I did the same thing - wanted to own a proper sports car before I'm 40 - and settled on the Zed.

Twelve years later, I have the same original Zed and am still enjoying it immensley.

Good choice :) But be prepared - it ain't cheap to maintain

TT.

'Gulp' anything specific I should look out for when buying??

I'm just thinking of the wear/tear items I've replaced over the years (always standard parts from a Nissan dealer though)

New exhaust after 80K - £800

New window electric motors after 90-100K (common problem apparently) - £300 per door

New set of tyres every 25-30K - always used Bridgestones, used to be £800 for a set, last set was £600.

W-subframe after 90k - £250

Don't be put off by these - the sting of occasionally having to layout a bit of money to keep the Zed on the road soon passes when you're :drive1

:thumbs:

Edited by The Trouser
  • Like 1

Yeah I have paid about 6k/6.5k for my 54 plate now after just under a year of ownership but I have replaced quite a few consumables in that 6k which now should last the lifetime of the car.. Coil packs, clutch and fly, rocker cover gaskets, new Hoses, sparkeys etc as well as a full service the first month of ownership.

• Like 1