Foam type seal, dangling from rear bumper !?!?!?!

neo

The other morning i noticed a small piece of what looks like a foam seal dangling from the underneath the rear bumper near the left exhaust tip, without thinking i snapped it off :scare: , had a look under the bumper, both sides but cant see where it might have come from, have attached some pictures it was in one long length, dried it out with a cloth and it broke, no idea how long it had been hanging down tho.

it's about 1cm across and 17 cm long, anyone know what it's for and is it important ??

post-9-0-80126300-1450125400_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-57207000-1450125408_thumb.jpg

To get to the vent I took all my boot trim out, once you get to it it's a doddle to take out and replace. It may be a bit extreme taking it all out, it may be possible to reach under the trim. I think replacement is about £15 from Nissan.

Had a quick look this morning, just removed the sub and surround, no water or even felt damp, will have a good look this weekend :)

Would it be a Nissan warranty job, mines just over a year old ?

Hadn't noticed this was a 370, I'd have thought that should be covered under warranty. The fact that yours has gone in 12 months shows what a piece of cr@p that vent is. You're lucky you don't have water in your boot, mine practically flooded everytime I washed it. ;)

Just checked, dry as a bone in the boot, are the vents in the boot or under the false floor as i couldn't remove the corner polystyrene unit but got my hand under and no damp at all, hopefully it will stay that way :)

there is large vent tucked up on the left side and a smaller one on the right, surely the seal couldn't be from there ?

*edit*

http://www.courtesyp...components-scat

guess its part number 14 - http://www.courtesyp...e&position=left

or is that for outside the car behind the rear bumper :blush: