Fuel return

Jetpilot

Not as easy as just drilling the rail Tricky.

Need all the stuff to convert the fuel pump assembly.

Fuel return line as well and a fuel pressure reg

50 is completely different to a 70 as well.

Does the HR still use the nasty pressed steel fuel rails Mark? as for return line I was just thinking braided line and compression fittings, does the pump also need to be changed then? should be easy to drill and tap the nylon fuel pump carrier to take the return line.

I was gonna go down this route but many people told me not to and in the end was a lot of messing about with things I didnt know and when it comes to the fuel supply/return you dont really want to mess about with it or risk leaks.

CJM kit are all machine made and a properly tested bit of kit etc with everything exactly the right size, and Charles is brilliant with any info needed.

Fuel bucket needs to be modded, swirl jets drilled out , bigger fuel pump and loads of other stuff I got Bennett to do :lol:

I like you already had a regulator so just bought the return line, output fitting kit, rail return line and the correction kit which saved a few pennies along the way over buying a full kit

Edited by jumping350

It isn't just the fittings you need;

As people had said the fuel pump module needs modifying; it does a lot more than just hold the fuel pump;

Snippets from CJ web site;

OYndup.jpg

Haa6TB.jpg

Far better to buy the kit from CJ and everything work. I feel it is a PITA to be in and out of the fuel tank

One thing buy a new fuel pump module sealing O ring they absorb fuel and swell up making them a right pain to fit;

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

It isn't just the fittings you need;

As people had said the fuel pump module needs modifying; it does a lot more than just hold the fuel pump;

Snippets from CJ web site;

OYndup.jpg

Haa6TB.jpg

Far better to buy the kit from CJ and everything work. I feel it is a PITA to be in and out of the fuel tank

One thing buy a new fuel pump module sealing O ring they absorb fuel and swell up making them a right pain to fit;

Not to mention leak vapours into the cabin!

Just for those who are quite happy to go the DIY route, I came across this http://liljerk.morph...l_pump_install/

which is quite comprehensive, and as I thought should not be much of a problem, apart from perhaps welding, or getting a return spigot welded to the existing fuel rail, the rest seems quite straightforward, and also coverer's the modifying the carrier to take the bigger wallbro pump.

http://zchickz.com/fuel16.jpg

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

The only thing wrong with the DIY install is the car wont pick the fuel up from the other side of the fuel tank it needs the fuel pressure to be returned from the return pipe where the stock fuel pressure regulator is situated like in the CJ kit to syphon the fuel across from the side of the fuel tank without a fuel pump.

Good info thou.

Most of the fuel return kits I have seen don't even include a pump, and all look pretty basic as far as fittings go, nothing special from what I can see, in fact I would guess you could pick up the fittings somewhat cheaper if you know where to look.

I have to be honest, £450 ish for some hose, some an fittings and a fpr is ridiculous imho, i know an fittings arent cheap but even if you take out the fpr at £100-£150, £300 - £350 seems excessive for that.

Whatever kit you buy you have to modify the fuel bucket so i just cant see the cost.

Same here, which is one of the reasons for putting up the link, I find a lot of the kits sold for various tuning/modification of cars....and a lot of other things for that matter are vastly over priced for what they actually contain, granted it saves you having to source the individual parts, but if I'm going to save a decent amount of money I am quite happy to do the ground work.

But then there is the other side of the coin where some people don't have the time or patience or knowledge to hunt around, and are happy to pay to avoid that,

But I am afraid my mind set is that the vast amount of tuning parts available are over priced, and since I have a background in engineering I can usually identify what will work or last and what wont, without paying silly money for it.

• Like 2

Same here, which is one of the reasons for putting up the link, I find a lot of the kits sold for various tuning/modification of cars....and a lot of other things for that matter are vastly over priced for what they actually contain, granted it saves you having to source the individual parts, but if I'm going to save a decent amount of money I am quite happy to do the ground work.

But then there is the other side of the coin where some people don't have the time or patience or knowledge to hunt around, and are happy to pay to avoid that,

But I am afraid my mind set is that the vast amount of tuning parts available are over priced, and since I have a background in engineering I can usually identify what will work or last and what wont, without paying silly money for it.

Your obviously that way inclined so that's good

Your obviously that way inclined so that's good

Yes that was my point, if you can DIY it then fine if you cant or cant be bothered then the kits are for you...you pay you money you take your choice as they say. :)