JDM KM to MPH conversion

88 Zed

Maybe I was being unfair on the Zed's tank.

80L capacity, so 17.6 Gal, at 24mpg that means about 422 miles DTE on a full tank.

I do a lot of town driving so typically see 19mpg = 334 miles DTE on a full tank.

If I am being gentle on long motorway drives it's more like 27 mpg = 475 miles DTE on a full tank.

So basically ignore me :lol:

Haha okay! I would have thought that once you convert the speedo to mph the other gauges get there info from that so its probably miles!

It just gets to me if somethings not working as it should!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I was being unfair on the Zed's tank.

80L capacity, so 17.6 Gal, at 24mpg that means about 422 miles DTE on a full tank.

I do a lot of town driving so typically see 19mpg = 334 miles DTE on a full tank.

If I am being gentle on long motorway drives it's more like 27 mpg = 475 miles DTE on a full tank.

So basically ignore me :lol:

JDM is not 80 litres capacity ... 60 litres IIRC

So just to clarify when clocks are swapped from km to MPH does mileage get adjusted to correct Miles or just have a mixture of km's and miles

I know years ago they just fitted a MPH converter to gearbox on jdm motors wondered if things had moved on since then ?

They will read in miles, but it wont swap from saying kmh to mph, as above you will need uk clocks and triple gauges to have mph letters and miles per gallon.

This is also wont auto calibrate the mileage readout so will be a mix of miles and km.

Okay, thats at the bottom of the list for now as ive got my throttle controller to fit and some tidying on wiring wise from the car play unit thats just gone in!

I suppose i best start thinking about christmas presents before i blow all my money on treats for the motor hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk