How can I change the reverse beep volume and sound ?

Zummertor

Couldn't find this in my searches.

Just wondering if I can change the beep sounds on reverse to something else and change the volume ?

A couple of guys in work change the voice instructions on their phone sat navs to people like Ozzy Osbourne and other distinctive voices / words. Was wondering what could be done to reversing sound ?

No specific ideas yet, but if it coul dbe done bet a few of you would suggest some things ;)

Guest prescience

This is the parking sensor beep not the JDM reverse-gear beep right?

Come to think of it, not much you can do with either :blush:

This is the parking sensor beep not the JDM reverse-gear beep right?

Come to think of it, not much you can do with either :blush:

Certainly can't do anything with the JDM reverse-gear beep - the most pointless and annoying addition to any car IMHO. (Like I need to be told I have engaged reverse gear!!!!) :angry:

Edit - in case anyone wonders - the beep is only audible INSIDE the car!

Apart from that I love the car. :blush::)

Certainly can't do anything with the JDM reverse-gear beep - the most pointless and annoying addition to any car IMHO. (Like I need to be told I have engaged reverse gear!!!!) :angry:

I guess living where you do parking ain't too much of a problem :lol: - try finding a parking spot down in the London area and its like winning the jackpot, if you can squeeze the car in that is - hence the sensors become very useful - only wish I had them at the front too. :dry:

Oh, and I agree the feeble beep sounds ridiculous in the ZED - my wife's Honda makes a much more horny sound :p(well, at least the sensors beep does!)

I guess living where you do parking ain't too much of a problem :lol: - try finding a parking spot down in the London area and its like winning the jackpot, if you can squeeze the car in that is - hence the sensors become very useful - only wish I had them at the front too. :dry:

Oh, and I agree the feeble beep sounds ridiculous in the ZED - my wife's Honda makes a much more horny sound :p(well, at least the sensors beep does!)

Don't think you understood the posts from Tim and me - the reverse gear beep in the JDM has nothing to do with parking sensors - it's just a warning that you are reversing! :scare:

Edit - but I appreciate the point you are making about the benefit of sensors for parking. I try to avoid close parking whenever I can, and a pal who has a much loved MX5 vies with me very often to see who can be the best at what he calls "defensive parking". This usually means parking at the furthest extremity of a car park, even if it is pissing it down - not appreciated by the better half as you can imagine!

On a similar note, I often see a sunset Z parked at the next station along the line from me when I am on the way into Glasgow for work. He (or she) always parks at the point of the extensive car park furthest from the platform.

Don't think you understood the posts from Tim and me - the reverse gear beep in the JDM has nothing to do with parking sensors - it's just a warning that you are reversing! :scare:

I'm confused now :wacko: Zummertor told us a while back that he:

"Ended up buying 54Reg GM, GT Pack, Parking sensors with 8.5k on clock with a chip on the bonnet for what I thought was a good price plenty under 17k, UK car and all HPI'd etc. etc"

I took his comment about the parking sensor noise, as he has a UK car with the sensors, to be not only the beep when you engage reverse gear but the beeps before the BANG!

Zummertor to the rescue please - apologies if I have misunderstood :blush: