engine light

Ging4 Ninj4

If I read this correctly, you bought the Zed with an EML but can't read it/don't know what it relates to?

If you've taken that gamble, a punt on a proven code reader from one of the many threads on here shouldn't be too big a financial risk.

You can do a pedal dance to reset your ECU, that should remove the light but I would try to get a reader to find out what is actually causing it. Any noticeable difference whilst driving or idling?

Pedal dance --> http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

The "pedal dance" will not only reset the CEL, it will allow you to read the codes. Simply pause after step 4 in the procedure in the link above (when the CEL starts blinking). The blinking pattern shows the codes that are set. To clear them, continue with step 6 and subsequent.

• Like 1

You can do a pedal dance to reset your ECU, that should remove the light but I would try to get a reader to find out what is actually causing it. Any noticeable difference whilst driving or idling?

Pedal dance --> http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

The "pedal dance" will not only reset the CEL, it will allow you to read the codes. Simply pause after step 4 in the procedure in the link above (when the CEL starts blinking). The blinking pattern shows the codes that are set. To clear them, continue with step 6 and subsequent.

Nice one, didn't know there is a hidden morse code generator there. Do you have a list of what those blinks are referring to? For example, P1051, what would be the blink sequence?

Ok so I went to a garage and there snap on read the codes and looks like a camshaft sensor.

My reader still can't read so is it my car or the reader?

See my post #3

The one I got said it works will all cars and the reader as worked on others just not mine