Mileage Difference Falken VS Michelin

Mikey Thompson

Hi there,

I'm in a predicament at the minute.

I can get a full set of Falken 453's, fitted, for £387.82

I can also get a full set of Michelins, fitted, for £557.58

Now I know the Michelins are a better tyre but the Falken will be more than enough for my driving. Speaking just about mileage, which tyre has the best longevity? If it is the Michelin, does it have £170 worth of extra miles?

Thanks in advance,

Mikey

Edited by Mikey Thompson

and the MPSS will inspire much more confidence in all driving conditions and you get extra pleasure from the car.

but if you like to hang your rear end out then Falkens will be better - just be more ready to react to the car trying to take over the direction of travel ;)

and the MPSS will inspire much more confidence in all driving conditions and you get extra pleasure from the car.

but if you like to hang your rear end out then Falkens will be better - just be more ready to react to the car trying to take over the direction of travel ;)

So you're saying the Michelins are no good for those quiet nights with the odd drift on a private road?

So you're saying the Michelins are no good for those quiet nights with the odd drift on a private road?

I didn't say that but let's just say the Falkens will let go a lot sooner than the Michelins :teeth: What I will say though is that the grip in the wet with the Michelins is on an altogether different level and in turn safer for you and your passenger :)

MPSS will do about 50% more mileage, like for like driving. Unless the alternative is half the price, it's always more cost effective to buy the MPSS.

The fact they stick like sh*t to a blanket and have masses of feel too is just a nice bonus.

Edited by Ekona

I bought mine with Falkens on the back (with about 5mm left on them) and my back end was stepping out off roundabouts and on slow curves at speed (in the dry). Do yourself a favour Mikey and make the right choice! (I had them replaced within a month as the car was telling me things weren't right.)

Edited by DonCool