Are my heated seats faulty?

mikkydoos

Hi Z'ers,

My 08 GT - leather heated seats....

Only the backrest gets warm on both driver and passenger side. Is this right?

Its been that way since I bought it 2 years ago @ 9500 miles.

Is the seat supposed to heat aswell? If yes, what should I look for.

Can't find anything in the manual.

I take it the 2 step switch is low/high heat too?

Cheers in advance :)

Not sure if this will help you.

My 370z roadsters drivers side seat wasn't working. Passenger side was fine. The thermostatic switch was faulty which can be found under the seat base.

Looks like this:

post-23261-0-66212700-1448298131_thumb.jpg

post-23261-0-80977000-1448298158_thumb.jpg

I know its a 370 and the seats are heated and cooled but might help a bit.

Jon

Not sure if this will help you.

My 370z roadsters drivers side seat wasn't working. Passenger side was fine. The thermostatic switch was faulty which can be found under the seat base.

Looks like this:

post-23261-0-66212700-1448298131_thumb.jpg

post-23261-0-80977000-1448298158_thumb.jpg

I know its a 370 and the seats are heated and cooled but might help a bit.

If it is a switch. I would buy a complete second hand seat. It would be cheaper because this switch was £200.00

Jon

Cheers 'BodyMan,

They are both working but only heat your back. They get nice and hot too.

I'm just not sure if its supposed to heat my bum aswell ???

Is it ?

EDIT:

The USA 350Z '08 manual states that only the seat heats up, not the backrest... Now I'm confused !

Edited by mikkydoos

Cheers 'BodyMan,

They are both working but only heat your back. They get nice and hot too.

I'm just not sure if its supposed to heat my bum aswell ???

Is it ?

Seat should heat up too - usually feedback in the past has indicated it is the seat back that does not heat up.

Not sure how the switch is wired up, but have you checked to see if any connections to the squab have come loose/undone? Maybe a clean-up of the contacts?

Cheers @Ebized,

I've read lot about the rear not heating, or cutting out. Strange that it's both sides. Opposite in this case.

Is the seat supposed to heat is what I need to know. Hmmmm. Can't find anything on the 'net. Need an owner to answer please ;)

BTW, the switch is high/low heat I'm certain.

Edited by mikkydoos

Is Ebized's answer not good enough for you then?

Yes, the seat should heat up.

I was looking at his signature... I'm only after some advice. And I appreciate his. Not sure about yours.

Edited by mikkydoos

See this thread for the confirmation you seek:

http://www.350z-uk.c..._ heated seats

I now suggest you go out to the car and look underneath both seats to see if the wiring looks connected/sound. Given you have heat in the seat backs that suggests the thermostats are working OK, so I can only presume it is a wiring connection that is adrift......

Isn't the switch a 'rocker' 3-way switch, middle=off then the other settings are both seat and back or seat or back only? IDK I never even tried mine :lol:

Y it seems to be mid-high. Works well in mine, just not for my bum.

Going to check the underneath loom in the morning when its light. Only tried them again today after a year.

Edited by mikkydoos

I was looking at his signature... I'm only after some advice. And I appreciate his. Not sure about yours.

:lol:

He answered your question. Both times.

You seemed to miss his answer first time, so I drew attention to that. Then answered your question. After you asked the same one. Again.

• Like 1

@ilogikal1

He did, and I'm after a little deeper digging cos my car is so unused, not to say that there couldn't be a fault.

Considering there aren't many of these cars Ive seen around where I live, I don't know anyone with one, and there's not a lot of UK spec info about, (I can't find it if there is, apart from here and my manual), I can't really see how you're helping me.

Why not just post something like "My seats heat up in the arse." Or "My seats don't heat up in the arse."

That would help me.

@ilogikal1

He did, and I'm after a little deeper digging cos my car is so unused, not to say that there couldn't be a fault.

Considering there aren't many of these cars Ive seen around where I live, I don't know anyone with one, and there's not a lot of UK spec info about, (I can't find it if there is, apart from here and my manual), I can't really see how you're helping me.

Why not just post something like "My seats heat up in the arse." Or "My seats don't heat up in the arse."

That would help me.

Again you've missed the point.

Both ilogikal AND ebiz both said both parts of the seats heat up. Then you asked again saying ALL you wanted to know was if both parts heated up.

Thus all of ilogikals replys.

• Like 1

According to those scematics, there are indeed two heater pads per seat.

Checked all the cables and connectors, fine. Will be checking the fuses and relays at the weekend.

I dropped my seat height adjustment down to the lowest and lo and behold a little heat was felt, not much, I think!

I need to go for a longer run to check tho'. I was only in the car for 5 mins

I've read it's supposed to be that the low setting on the switch does bum only and high does both.

Edited by mikkydoos