Wheel size?

willow990

Im after a new set of wheels but when i bought my car it had brand new tyres on it so im just wondering what width the standard wheels (pictured) are so I can look for something the same. Ive got 225 on the front and 245 on the rear. Also what width would i be able to get away with if i got a little stretch, no talking anything stupid, just a little bit :) thanks

dea4b14925c3d9dce16639e8ac15ef06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by willow990

Those tables don't specify tyre profile, wheel diameter or manufacturer which can all have an effect on what may be suitable. If you refer to either the Bridgestone Databook or the LVV Tyre Size to Rim Size Compatibility Guide they both suggest 9" as the maximum for a 245/45R18 tyre but 9.5" for a 245/40R18 tyre.

I'm think some tyres are designed for more stretch, I have a feeling the Falken FK452 was one and I'm pretty sure quite a few people on here have put various brands on 9.5" without problems. If you're happy with a bit of stretch then maybe it'd be worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Well to be honest I've not seen anyone with a 10j wheel yet but then again I've not been on the forum long, from the ones I have seen most are running standard wheels with spacers or aftermarket wheels that are like 8.5-9j which just isn't wide enough.

Your always there to put a little comment arent you? Anyone can buy whatever they want with some saving and hard work.

Well, someone has to correct people when they're talking rubbish, might as well be me. Some folks simply can't afford £5k for a custom set of wheels, or if they can they may feel that the money is better spent elsewhere.

Yup, I do run spacers for the exact reasons I gave.

Where u getting 5k from? Lol your talking rubbish mate, it's not about affording it's about knowing sizes and a little research? People are spending 700-900 on rota wheels so don't give me the crap about "people can't afford wheels" save a bit more :/ nothing to do with it, can even buy very expensive wheels second hand.

Okay, so let's say I want a set of Volks in some obscure offset that they don't actually make. How much do you think they'll charge me to make a set just for me? Here's a clue: It won't be cheap.

If they don't make the perfect set, you have to compromise. A good set of wheels can easy cost £2k without trying, £700 is a budget wheel in the market.

No, my point was:

Probably because they can't buy the wheels they want in the size/offset they want, or they can't afford it.

You're talking about 'settling' for a set of wheels. I'm talking about people actually getting the wheels they want, rather than just getting something that happens to be available in the right size.

It's like me saying to you why did you buy the wheels you've got, when there's a lovely set of Wolfrace wheels in Halfords that fit even better? You wouldn't dream of doing that, would you? No, you get the wheels you actually want. I could've got any one of a billionty set of M-style knockoff wheels for my car which would've fitted perfectly, but I didn't want them. I wanted a set of Rotas that I fell in love with, so got them then added spacers to make them work*. That was my choice, as I didn't want to spend £££ on having a custom set made for me nor did I want a set of wheels I didn't like the look of.

Every man and his dog runs Rotas or XXRs on 350s, so I can see why some people would want to get something a little different even if they're perhaps compromising slightly on the perfect 'stance' (I really hate that term!) in your eyes to get to where they want. Is that not fair enough?

*Well, ish before anyone says anything! :lol: