Calendar suggestion

MrsNiki

Just a thought:

I know there’s not much up for 2016 by way of events yet, but is there any way that every meet, when proposed by an organiser, can be added to the calendar by proxy when a thread is created, and also a link to the thread available in the calendar itself?

This would be handy for me, as due to my work rota I can look at a calendar and see what I’m home for easily, rather than sifting through all of the different regions etc.

I have noticed previously that the calendar isn’t always used for advertising meets, and I think some of the event organisers are missing a trick here!

*Prepares to get shot down in flames for being too lazy to check each subforum on every visit* :lol:

• Like 1

If event organizers let mods know they would like their event added to the calendar or that an advertised event details need changing, let one of us guys in green know the details and we will do the necessary.

Certainly do not want members to miss such opportunities so a good question Mrs Niki.

I know as an REO you can add and manage calendar events, and they feature in the 'Upcoming Calendar Events' window on the Forums page (when the event is approaching), as I've done that myself historically. :thumbs:

No problems, just thought I'd ask! There are a local few meets that seem undersubscribed, so even if this thread just highlights the available calendar to OPs who haven't used it before, it will be worthwhile :D

As for the major meets (Japfest/JAE/modified nationals etc), the dates are well known in advance, might be worth getting these added for either forum organised stands or even just information purposes? I'd be happy to get together a list or these to populate the calendar and maybe organise a couple of things (love planning stuff, I'm a sad case like that :lol:)

• Like 1

No problems, just thought I'd ask! There are a local few meets that seem undersubscribed, so even if this thread just highlights the available calendar to OPs who haven't used it before, it will be worthwhile :D

As for the major meets (Japfest/JAE/modified nationals etc), the dates are well known in advance, might be worth getting these added for either forum organised stands or even just information purposes? I'd be happy to get together a list or these to populate the calendar and maybe organise a couple of things (love planning stuff, I'm a sad case like that :lol:)

This is what I used to do a few years back.

Don't seem to have the time anymore.