Hi all!

Ukeraa

Hello all,

After much deliberation I have decided to purchase a 350Z. I will be looking this week and will be hopefully behind the wheel this weekend!!

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting your advice.

Thanks.

Joe.

EDIT:

Going to look at this at the weekend:

http://www.autotrade...350_z&logcode=p

That is the top end of my budget. Although I have read two different things about the road tax, some saying £505 and some saying £290, which has left me a little confused.

I'm looking for a black Z, GT pack would be nice but I hear dealers try to rip you off by hiking the price up loads for it. Also that the BOSE system can skip which requires a fix, would have to inquire whether that's been looked at, but a dealer is just going to say "Yes" just to sell it.

Edited by Ukeraa

Going to look at this at the weekend:

http://www.autotrade...350_z&logcode=p

That is the top end of my budget. Although I have read two different things about the road tax, some saying £505 and some saying £290, which has left me a little confused.

I'm looking for a black Z, GT pack would be nice but I hear dealers try to rip you off by hiking the price up loads for it. Also that the BOSE system can skip which requires a fix, would have to inquire whether that's been looked at, but a dealer is just going to say "Yes" just to sell it.

Edited by Ukeraa

Hello and welcome :wave:

If car is registered before the 1st of april 2006, it will benefit from lower tax.

More info here regarding tax --> http://www.parkers.c...upe-2003/34036/

No real fix for skipping BOSE system, best to upgrade to a new HU. Or perform an ipod/AUX hack --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/45398-how-to-bose-phono-ipod-hack-guide/

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 2

Fairly low mileage, Cobra exhaust (depends if its full system or just back box, price can vary), looks good (except the rear diffuser which I'm not a fan of) in picture.........seems a little high IMHO. £8500 maybe??

But it all depends on yourself really, if you like it and think it's worth the money.......go for it.

Buyer's guide if you haven't read them already --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ and http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

Check for service history as well. Here's the schedules --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

If you are not in a rush, view a few first.

GLWTH B)

You're a legend. I'm not in a massive rush, I would like to find one in the next two weeks as I start a new job and will be using it as a daily driver. Would like to get some practice on the roads and parking as I'm a little rusty, haven't driven in a year or so. I'm a careful driver though, so I'm happy to own a powerful car because I can respect it and have never driven like an idiot.

I quite like that rear diffuser :) but each to their own. I'll give the buyer guides a proper read through.

Edited by Ukeraa
  • Like 1

Thank you!

Ugh, this issue with the Bose sound system sounds very frustrating. I love listening to music when I drive :(. Nothing like a clear journey on the motorway (rare, but it happens!) and you can blast some good tunes and fly by. I remember when I used to drive from Essex to Maidstone every week and would leave late so I could get a clear run, and just blasting some tunes on the M20. Had a lot of fun even though I was in a Fiesta! Ha!

I wonder if it would be worth getting the HU replaced? But then I'm already buying a car looking to fix issues, which is a little annoying because you start going over budget pretty much straight away. Then again, I'm buying this because I love the car, not the stereo...

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Ukeraa

Thank you!

Ugh, this issue with the Bose sound system sounds very frustrating. I love listening to music when I drive :(. Nothing like a clear journey on the motorway (rare, but it happens!) and you can blast some good tunes and fly by. I remember when I used to drive from Essex to Maidstone every week and would leave late so I could get a clear run, and just blasting some tunes on the M20. Had a lot of fun even though I was in a Fiesta! Ha!

I wonder if it would be worth getting the HU replaced? But then I'm already buying a car looking to fix issues, which is a little annoying because you start going over budget pretty much straight away. Then again, I'm buying this because I love the car, not the stereo...

Decisions, decisions...

Looks like a nice motor to me, v clean, low mileage - though advert doesn't state FSH and, at that £ - I'd be wanting..

HU change, no biggy really - I pulled mine (which wasn't bose) because it lit up green!!!!!! nice choice by prevous owner .... factory stereo, regardless of make from 10years ago? ....pfff rip it out! ;)

@ that budget, you WILL get a stunning example ... not saying this isn't at all .... just that, the world is your oyster :teeth:

keep an eye on members selling theirs! .. some real corkers come up!

J

Looks like a nice motor to me, v clean, low mileage - though advert doesn't state FSH and, at that £ - I'd be wanting..

HU change, no biggy really - I pulled mine (which wasn't bose) because it lit up green!!!!!! nice choice by prevous owner .... factory stereo, regardless of make from 10years ago? ....pfff rip it out! ;)

@ that budget, you WILL get a stunning example ... not saying this isn't at all .... just that, the world is your oyster :teeth:

J

Great advice :) Thanks, J! Good spot on the FSH... I'll have to inquire about that. The dealer has called me trying to give me the standard dealer-talk, which I'm not one to fall for!

I know I saw this mentioned somewhere else in an older thread, but why not mention it again in a new thread and get some fresh answers? When changing the HU, would that require all of the speakers to be changed also? I'm happy with standard speakers at first with a new HU, if that's even possible. Recommendations are always appreciated.

Also, I've seen some photos here of black alloys and... wow! If I get the money in a few months I might have to get a black refurb, it just looks so beastly!

If you've not driven in a while and are used to a Fiesta, have you got insurance quotes yet? Most insurers asked me what experience I have had with similar power cars (despite being 40 next year) and said that if my experience was low then they wouldn't quote. Might be worth a few calls first if you haven't already.

J

Great advice :) Thanks, J! Good spot on the FSH... I'll have to inquire about that. The dealer has called me trying to give me the standard dealer-talk, which I'm not one to fall for!

I know I saw this mentioned somewhere else in an older thread, but why not mention it again in a new thread and get some fresh answers? When changing the HU, would that require all of the speakers to be changed also? I'm happy with standard speakers at first with a new HU, if that's even possible. Recommendations are always appreciated.

Also, I've seen some photos here of black alloys and... wow! If I get the money in a few months I might have to get a black refurb, it just looks so beastly!

"wow! If I get the money in a few months I might have to" < best get used to that mate ;) ...

I can not see why you would need to change out the speakers, possibly connectors might need changing? but, speaker wire is speaker wire ...

(just DON'T go to Halfrauds!) ..

Can you believe my budget was £4K and now I saw these and just had to find the money somewhere? They're beautiful cars. I just hope I can handle the power!

What sort of adapter will I need for AUX? I saw that tutorial on installing it, but I'm not one to fiddle with cars like that.

I do need to pop to Halfords and get a breathalyzer as my mate lost his license getting caught driving over the limit the next day! I'm one to enjoy a drink on a night out and plan on driving this to the pub and leaving it there or at a mates until the AM... But I'm getting off topic here. Can you imagine buying a car and losing your license for being over the limit the best day? Ouch!

So excited to get behind the wheel of one of these. Please feel free to throw any other advice you lads might have my way.