How do I replace the battery....?

Kraziekatz1

Hey guys, my battery is on its last legs & I've just bought a replacement. Left work early so I could switch them over and I can't work out how to get the battery out without, what seems, removing half the car. I'm trying to do it in the dark with a torch, but the bulk of the battery seems to be tucked away under the engine cover. If I undo the long bolt/battery support, how do I slide it out? It doesn't look like it will fit through the gap!

You have to remove the battery cover surround. Just a few clips. Then make sure the fuse box is out of the way and it just comes out at an angle. The rear bolt/screw/fastener is on a short hook and doesn't go to the bottom tray.

Best done in daylight.

IMG_0248_zps0uqugbi4.jpg

You have to remove the battery cover surround. Just a few clips.

IMG_0248_zps0uqugbi4.jpg

4 clips if I remember right, they're the weird pull the middle pin half way out and then pull the whole lot type clips - if you pull the middle pin fully out the outer part of the clip won't come out of the hole.

No, it was too dark last night. Thought Hubby might offer to help (hold the torch at least).....but no :( Didn't have time this morning.....might try and get out of work early Friday or else I'll do it at the weekend. From the photo above, I think I should be ok though thanks :)

........the skin's just grown back over my knuckles from replacing the battery & headlights in the Scooby lol