Why are zeds so cheap?

SherlockH

J4CKO there is nothing wrong with a Zed being an import and auto dude , read a bit about Zed known issues and will understand a bit more ;)

for your info I did own both manual and auto so know a bit why I affirm the above

J4CKO there is nothing wrong with a Zed being an import and auto dude , read a bit about Zed known issues and will understand a bit more ;)

for your info I did own both manual and auto so know a bit why I affirm the above

I think his point is that imports and autos are worth less

I think his point is that imports and autos are worth less

Yeah, nothing against them, was just listing the factors that seem to be common to zeds at the cheaper end of the price range, I am selling mine and my next car will be an auto !

They were 'only' around £26-30K new so unless its got a good hold the price was always gonna be good used... although they seem to stick around 4.5-5K no matter age/mileage on the older cars

Edited by AMT

I wouldnt worry about the odd one slipping the net either, there are always bargains to be had and that goes for any car, you never know a sellers circumstance when it comes to how quickly they want/need the money.

I havent seen much change in prices across the board since buying my first 350 2.5 years ago, it would seem though there are the odd rogue cheapy around that I never saw when buying mine.

It will be interesting to see what the next few years will bring, will it go like Docwra predicts and follow the normal pattern hitting around the £3k ish mark and bouncing back or, with nothing else filtering down as what else is there thats similiar (jap sports coupe/big displacement engine or turbo engined) and other cult cars going up in value (supra/skyline/s bodies etc) will they hold their value?

I just thought that big displacement cars were not so desirable these days due to the environmental issues and petrol prices. As we all know, manufacturers are making a lot more 1.6 turbo/2L turbo engines with awesome maps to match the kind of lazy power the 350 dishes out with better economy and cheaper tax.

I just thought that big displacement cars were not so desirable these days due to the environmental issues and petrol prices. As we all know, manufacturers are making a lot more 1.6 turbo/2L turbo engines with awesome maps to match the kind of lazy power the 350 dishes out with better economy and cheaper tax.

This is true but in an odd way I think is helping the value of older cars, or soon will. Fact is certain people still want performance delivered old skool... and they can only buy that new with mega bucks at the moment.

This is true but in an odd way I think is helping the value of older cars, or soon will. Fact is certain people still want performance delivered old skool... and they can only buy that new with mega bucks at the moment.

^^^ This is what i was trying to put across, if you wanted a japanese normally aspirated large capacity motor (even turbo'd nutter car), what are your choices, after the 350z 2003 on (excluding 370z), from any Japanese manufacturer, what interesting affordable or vaguely affordable cars have any of them produced or producing?

^^^ This is what i was trying to put across, if you wanted a japanese normally aspirated large capacity motor (even turbo'd nutter car), what are your choices, after the 350z 2003 on (excluding 370z), from any Japanese manufacturer, what interesting affordable or vaguely affordable cars have any of them produced or producing?

Since 2002 (last year for FD, R34 and Supra) ........ S2K, RX8, S15, Lexus GS, Altezza, R34, Lexus SC, Lexus IS-F, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Mark II/JZX/Verossa/Chaser/Mark X, Mitsubishi Eclipse.

I meant during the production run of the 350z so after 08, which discounts quite a few of the above, most of the others only available as imports.

Evo/Impreza ran longer of course, but are no longer.

Let me put it another way, what Japanese car would you go to the dealer in the last 5-7 years and buy?

Edited by Jetpilot

Not a lot, probably the IS-F, Evo X .......... and thats it. But then again theres not much that isnt Japanese I would buy either, I think cars in general have just got more boring :(

I dont think the German stuff has to be fair, the 1 series are pretty awesome cars as you know, some offerings from Audi/Merc but i dont see any japanese alternatives and havent for years.

There was always something to rival the german benchmarks, maybe not as good but on a budget, there was an alternative :)

Lets see what the next few years brings, i really hope Toyota bring out the new Supra/FT1 and Mazda get that Rx9 going, but there is a void of a few years now where nothing will filter down, so its buy German or older stuff, hence why i reckon the 350 may hold its value.

• Like 2