How to Marshall Jets

WoREoD

• 2 weeks later...

What a hoot! Having been marshalled thousands of times, I've never seen anything like it. Leave it to the Brits to be insanely creative in something totally mundane. :thumbs:

And I can tell you for a fact Brit pilots are just as crazy (and Aussies are completely off the charts)!

Having met several Phantom pilots during my stay on a little Island down South I must agree that I wouldnt let any Brit pilots borrow my Zed :lol:

What does that say for the rest of them then? British pilots are regarded as some of the best in the world. :scare:

Having met several Phantom pilots during my stay on a little Island down South I must agree that I wouldnt let any Brit pilots borrow my Zed :lol:

What does that say for the rest of them then? British pilots are regarded as some of the best in the world. :scare:

Dont get me wrong, they are very good, just a little crazy. Dinking with them is an experience :scare:

It's actually a compliment because the good military pilots are quite commonly a little "off-center." When was the last time you went "roof stomping" on someone's roof a 3 a.m.? It's a demand for immediate breakfast and more beer - woe be unto you if you don't deliver. It's also a penalty for not being at the party in the first place. I always had the best times with Brit and Aussie pilots. :D

Their favourite trick when they caught us at sea was to come at us from right ahead at bridge level ( pretty low) and then just flick the wings as they came past. Pretty terrifying as you couldnt hear them until they were past.

Clever stuff though and probably very good training as that may be frowned on in the UK. ;)

Their favourite trick when they caught us at sea was to come at us from right ahead at bridge level ( pretty low) and then just flick the wings as they came past. Pretty terrifying as you couldnt hear them until they were past.

Clever stuff though and probably very good training as that may be frowned on in the UK. ;)

:lol:

Sounds like a laugh!

In fact they do some low level stuff in the UK to prep for air-shows and the like. They also do low fly-by's during warfare demonstrations with battleships etc .. its impressive stuff.

Hehehe... Reminds me of the time I ran a Russian "trawler" in a Boeing 707, throwing up 4 big rooster tails as I blew by him from bow on at wavetop height at 300+ knots just a few feet from him. Then I came back at him from the stern and ran up the other side. The boys on deck woke up in a hurry and got a little salt water spray. They ticked me off because they were trying to jam my electronics -- payback is hell.

It could have been worse, I could have dropped the boom and "peed" a little JP-7 on him.

Hehehe... Reminds me of the time I ran a Russian "trawler" in a Boeing 707, throwing up 4 big rooster tails as I blew by him from bow on at wavetop height at 300+ knots just a few feet from him. Then I came back at him from the stern and ran up the other side. The boys on deck woke up in a hurry and got a little salt water spray. They ticked me off because they were trying to jam my electronics -- payback is hell.

It could have been worse, I could have dropped the boom and "peed" a little JP-7 on him.

:surrender::lol:

it was in the paper not long after it was posted on youtube and an investigation was taken by the RAF. luckily they got away with it as it was for charity..:teeth:

This was a major news item on Reporting Scotland this evening. The footage was filmed at RAF Lossiemouth. The guy who did the break dancing has raised thousands for cancer charities, apparently. He has been interviewed for CNN and other news channels all over the world, following the YouTube release.

it was in the paper not long after it was posted on youtube and an investigation was taken by the RAF. luckily they got away with it as it was for charity..:teeth:

This was a major news item on Reporting Scotland this evening. The footage was filmed at RAF Lossiemouth. The guy who did the break dancing has raised thousands for cancer charities, apparently. He has been interviewed for CNN and other news channels all over the world, following the YouTube release.

I was told that it was on the NATO exercise in belgium as WoREoD mentioned... :wacko:

This was a major news item on Reporting Scotland this evening. The footage was filmed at RAF Lossiemouth. The guy who did the break dancing has raised thousands for cancer charities, apparently. He has been interviewed for CBS and other news channels all over the world, following the YouTube release.

I was told that it was on the NATO exercise in belgium as WoREoD mentioned... :wacko:

Possible I picked up the wrong info from the news report. :blush:

The guy and his squadron are certainly based at Lossiemouth, and today's report was definitely filmed there, but the YouTube footage could have been taken elsewhere.