Bucket Seat sizing

Swiftyy

So I've got my eyes on a set of Recaro SPG or Pole Position. I know it's best to go try some seats but thought I would seek advice here first due to not bring able to get to GSM for a while due to work.

I'm 6.3ft and a 34 waist so wondering if anyone has these seats to give advice to sizing or have any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

You'll fit in either, but I would never buy a seat without sitting in it.

I was at Corbeau the other week, and tried out all of their seats looking for a replacement for the BMW. Even seats that had the same dimensions according to the brochure felt massively different in real life, to the point where I wouldn't even consider one of them in the slightest as it felt loose and baggy.

I'd agree. I went to buy some sparco seat but they seemed less supportive than the stock cloth seats.

I bought some bride low max (reps) which suit my body shape perfectly. But for anyone that has a broad body. They would be too narrow.

Moral of the story is to test the seats you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Im 6ft 2" 19st/48inch chest and I have Corbeau pro series XL and fit fine :) Only thing I would want different is the belt slots could be an inch higher and it would be perfect!

Lol, had same issue with my old cobra. Took the base cushion out and perfect! (short trips only though)

Seat sizes and dimensions are crazy! I know it's been mentioned before but on paper 2 seats could be the same sizes but when you put your bum in it and sit back, the difference is crazy!

My advice is buy some at an actual show, sit in loads at those things and really get the ones you like and feel comfortable! That's what I did anyway and glad I did

She's were far too narrow for me. (6ft 3 and 36 waist)

Ive got bimarco futuras now and they're amazing! Shoulder support and harness holes are higher so better for taller guys and extremely supportive.

I'm on buddy club rails but it's all far too high for me so I'll be bolting mine to the floor soon

So little update. I tried out some seats and got the Sparco Evo2 bucket seats with M2 seat rails. Seats are a perfect fit but only problem I'm having is they sit a bit high for me lol.

Anyone reccomend some low seat rails that go lower than the M2's? I'm 6.3ft also and my head is pretty close to the roof lol

Well thought I would update as I go along. I have found some thinner spar over cushions which aren't so bulky at the front which may be the solution. I took the cushion out and it sat me nice and low in the seat.

Will carry on to update with my findings as I go along in case others have the same seat/issue

Yes I'm using GSM ^ I went to showroom to try a lot of seats. I'm a chunkier lad so went for the Bimarco futuras like Ben. Insane for the price and still a great saving on weight from stock leather heated jobby. Book in with them swifty. Really nice guy who runs it and he's a car nut who owns a noble :-)

That's where I got my seats and everything else from mate. They been in my car for 2 weeks now. I did have a few problems with them through postage which resulted in 2 damaged seats lol.

Going to order some Sparco Evo2 flat cushions to get lower in the seat. Only £62 each and he has made me an offer due to receiving the 2 damaged seats where I get it at their cost price so be interesting to see how much cheaper they are going to be.

Need to adjust my drivers seat because it's JUST against the door lol. Right fit with the Evo 2 seats