Free Labour exchange

Maximus702

For all the good intentions I have for my 350 I realise I have insufficient mechanical skills to pull them off.

I was wondering if there was a person or persons within a reasonable distance of where I'm based who might need an extra pair of hands working on their car in exchange for imparting some mechanical knowledge.

I'm based in Twickenham.

What sort of plans do you have that you need help with? I don't know much about Zeds and am not ultra close but if it's simple stuff I'm happy to lend a hand, otherwise there may be others who can help if they know what you wish to achieve

Jay at the moment nothing too crazy but eventually I'd like to maybe supercharge it.

For now it's just basic stuff like fitting an ICE and fitting a sat nac into the top cubby.

But I'd like to know how to do all kinds of things. The more I know the better informed I will be on what can be done.

Jay at the moment nothing too crazy but eventually I'd like to maybe supercharge it.

For now it's just basic stuff like fitting an ICE and fitting a sat nac into the top cubby.

But I'd like to know how to do all kinds of things. The more I know the better informed I will be on what can be done.

I went to a night school home mechanics course at the local college, cost was 122 quid for a 12 week course, money well spent

• Like 1

Iron Bru I've looked into that. But I work shifts so I'd not be able to go to half the classes :(

That's a bummer mate, I found the course to be really helpful and confidence building. I've just done a few engine mod installs and would never have even thought about doing it myself before doing the night school course.

No, no, stay away please, you don't want to see what's happening to your car! :lol: :lol:

If you're inviting people along who in their own words have "insufficient mechanical skills" you're probably right! :lol:

Wish I wasn't really busy this Saturday, would've loved to pop along... send me some pictures! :)

Twickers?

Unfortunately not, got to squeeze the match in at the pub between a Halloween thing at lunch and a Halloween thing in the evening...

Great idea.

Good luck.

I'm in the exact same situation.

My car is always in bits :lol: there isn't much I haven't had a play about with, if you are ever stuck I am just down the road, once I finally get someone to build my double garage you are welcome to pop in and mod your car with someone who has probably done it before.

• Like 2

Great idea.

Good luck.

I'm in the exact same situation.

My car is always in bits :lol: there isn't much I haven't had a play about with, if you are ever stuck I am just down the road, once I finally get someone to build my double garage you are welcome to pop in and mod your car with someone who has probably done it before.

Mate, that's a great offer, if you're seriously looking for someone to do the garage, I've got 2 mates (SE Brickies) who could do it no problem.

They're always doing extensions, conservatories and the like.

Ah'd love to pop round sometime.

Where are ye anyway?