I nearly lost her!

xStric9x

Can't you just drive carefully?

It's not just about your driving, it's the other idiots that could drive into you.

and the road conditions, a dip in the road causing a lake/puddle is not your best friend :headhurt:

also wide tyres in the snow are useless - if you can get moving ! :scare:

I love the wet weather too. You can slide it at much less dangerous speeds, without making as much noise (i.e. attention) and without shaving as much tread off your back shoes. Its my first winter with the car so I'm going to be careful if it gets icy but its so controllable in a slide that I can't help but create one everytime I get the chance.

:yahoo:

Do you guys really find it that bad? I know this is the worst thing to say because I'll curse myself but I can't recall anyone who has had a bad weather caused accident.

Maybe its just different in Costa Del Cheshire???

I went to see a client in Malvern last winter. It snowed heavily and had to abandon the zed and stay in a B+B overnight. RWD + snow = :scare:

I went to see a client in Malvern last winter. It snowed heavily and had to abandon the zed and stay in a B+B overnight. RWD + snow = :scare:

I had a similar problem a few years ago trying to do a three point turn on a side road after it had been snowing. I had a 200SX at the time and my rear wheels ended up in the gutter and I couldn't get out. Fortunately I had two passengers with me who gave me a push.

Then last winter in my RX-8 I couldn't get out of the golf course because it started snowing while I was having one on the 19th...

Still, makes you laugh when you look back :lol:

I had a similar problem a few years ago trying to do a three point turn on a side road after it had been snowing. I had a 200SX at the time and my rear wheels ended up in the gutter and I couldn't get out. Fortunately I had two passengers with me who gave me a push.

Then last winter in my RX-8 I couldn't get out of the golf course because it started snowing while I was having one on the 19th...

Still, makes you laugh when you look back :lol:

Cool :thumbs:

Lets pray the snow stays away :)

+1 - Leaving Sunderland today and no sign of snow, phew :) Phil has informed me that it doesnt snow like I remember it being when I was a kid which is good as I'd have no hope if it snowed properly. Still got the old dears A4, could tow me home :lol:

Snow ? I've been going to Finland on and off with my job over last few years and once they change to winter tyres it seems to work out the same as in summer regardless of tyre width.

Some taxi drivers seem to think they are in a rally permanently.

Not much snow here in Sunny Somerset but up north in Bath they get some occaisionally. We do get the odd rain shower though, makes it slippy on those muddy lanes, tend to use Quattro Audi in duff weather, but still need to keep that right foot under control to not use those bi-turbos too quickly.