I nearly lost her!

xStric9x

I aqua-plained on a bypass (on a bend) and was looking at the central reservation :headhurt: ?I locked the steering to the right and got grip thus throwing me left :headhurt: after juggling with the steering and accelerator i managed to get myself straight.........I @*!# myself (my pants are in the wash as i type this :surrender: )

I must of looked a right plank :blush:

And people must be thinking that Hammond said they had loads of grip :blush:

I aqua-plained on a bypass (on a bend) and was looking at the central reservation :headhurt: ?I locked the steering to the right and got grip thus throwing me left :headhurt: after juggling with the steering and accelerator i managed to get myself straight.........I @*!# myself (my pants are in the wash as i type this :surrender: )

Bridgestones ???

You got it Tim :blush:

Maybe about three months left on them before i change to MPS contact 2.

But to be fair i don't think it would of mattered which tyres i had on, it was a big blanket of water in which there was not an awful lot i could do.

lucky escape :thumbs: Glad your OK

This was my main gripe with the 430. Nearly 500bhp rwd felt sooooooooooooooo twitchy on damp corners.......... :scare: What happened to you could happen to anyone........ I will never buy into the brand scaremongering with the 'stones....... :)

I will never buy into the brand scaremongering with the 'stones....... :)

But I'm willing to bet you wouldnt buy them as a replacement tyre :lol:

Myself I paid to have mine took off when I first bought the Zed they still had approx half the life left in them when I replaced, a couple of real tailend trying to catch the front convinced me.. never had the same quick breakaway with any of the other brands I've tried on since :thumbs:

I will never buy into the brand scaremongering with the 'stones....... :)

But I'm willing to bet you wouldnt buy them as a replacement tyre :lol:

I did, twice ;)

not on your last set of wheels :p

Correct, went with Pirelli's as I got a great deal on them in 19's :D

Not got my Zed yet but have had many RWD cars including a Supra. For my Sup I always used Toyo Proxos and the grip they gave me was incredible. They were the 'norm' for Supras. My plan would be to change to Toyo for the Zed as soon as necessary.

That's pretty scary to read about Mike, at least your OK.

Out of interest how fast were you going and were you going steady on the accelerator?

I can't really say an awful lot about the 'Stones on my car as they were only on for 1 month and it was dry, I did tail on a roundabout doing 10 mph in the wet and that was enough for me. Changed to MPS (got the old ones), I would say they seem OK in the wet but I'm still not convinced.

I was pulling off a roundabout the other day (the one leading by the little chef going towards the M56), I was in 2nd gear did give the car about half a press of the loud pedal and the back end stepped out (I was going in a straight line before I accelerated as well), just took my foot of the accelerator and it stepped back in and all was ok (it was about 3 degrees outside so I guess the road could have been a bit icy, but it's a really busy road, so I'm confused) - the misses wasn't too happy and her words to me were - what's it going to be like when the weather gets really bad.... bit worrying I would agree. I'm defo going easy on the loud pedal until March next year at least.

The thing that's getting me p'd with the Zed is all this back end stepping out business, just makes me feel on edge all the time in the wet. And god knows if we have really bad snow - I'm considering winter tyres - they're compulsory in Germany, they have similar winters to us.

I would say i was doing 70 ish and just holding the "loud" pedal at that speed so no real hard acceleration! I've come to have a better understanding of the stones ie when to push it wet or dry and like i said previously on this occasion i don't really think it mattered what was on the wheels, i basically felt no road grip what so ever :scare:

This was my main gripe with the 430. Nearly 500bhp rwd felt sooooooooooooooo twitchy on damp corners.......... :scare: What happened to you could happen to anyone........ I will never buy into the brand scaremongering with the 'stones....... :)

Even the Ferrari test driver said the Perrellis are better than the Bridgstones.

On the video where they took the F430 round the track it was slower than the 360CS, but the test driver said had it been on Pirellis it would have beaten the CS time easily.

The thing that's getting me p'd with the Zed is all this back end stepping out business, just makes me feel on edge all the time in the wet. And god knows if we have really bad snow - I'm considering winter tyres - they're compulsory in Germany, they have similar winters to us.

You want 280+ horses on the rear wheels, this is what you get. Can't cope with it? Get a Golf :lol:

Be glad you still have all those electronics to help you out ;)

Winter tyres are a good idea dough.

And aquaplaning can happen from about 70km/h, also at constant speed.

Snow and Zed :scare: leave it in the garage..it will work out cheaper in the long run ;) these cars are not for snow and icy conditions no matter what rubber you have on :surrender:

Snow and Zed :scare: leave it in the garage..it will work out cheaper in the long run ;) these cars are not for snow and icy conditions no matter what rubber you have on :surrender:

Have to agree. Cheaper in the long run to use a banger in the snow.