My dead Zed and the garage who've ripped me off. Advice welcome!

Speedway Fan

Thanks docwra, catman, Juggalo, fake ben, Tom and Jeff for your thoughts.

Given the way they've behaved, I'd be surprised if I was the only one who's been had by them. It seems like the consensus is to refuse it and try to get the money back through the credit card. It's a shame, as I really would like to keep the car!

I think the consensus on this page at least is to use Trading Standards, the Sale of Goods Act and Moneyclaim to get your money back, unless it was paid for entirely by credit card I cant see how thats going to help you. It might take a while but Ive never known anyone lose out following the right path with soemthing like this :)

You don't have to pay the whole amount by credit card, it's why it's such a useful piece of legislation. My understanding is, as long as you paid a minimum of £100, then the credit card company is jointly liable.

The Dealer will pay a lot more attention to the credit card company than an individual. They won't want to be dragged into this mess either and will seek a swift resolution to the problem.

Tim

Sorry to hear about this. Plenty of good advice has already been given.

I can understand you love the car and are reluctant to reject but there are many other zeds out there in much better condition. And I'm sure you can find another UY GT4 if that's what you're set on, eventually.

Hope it all gets resolved with as little hassle as possible.

• Like 1

REJECT CAR.

SEND LETTER OF EXPLANATION TELLING THE,COMPANY YOU ARE GIVING THEM 14 DAYS TO PAY FOR A FULL REFUND.

IF THEY DO NOT RESPOND THE FILL OUT MONEY CLAIM ON LINE FORM AND TAKE THEM TO THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT WHERE THEY WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK, NO QUESTION. YOU CAN EVEN HIT THEM FOR THE INTEREST DEPENDING ON HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET TO COURT.

I HAVE BEEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THIS AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN SOLD FAULTY GOODS, THE SELLER IS BANGED TO RIGHTS.

HOW LONG AFTER THE DATE OF SALE DID YOU ENCOUNTER THE PROBLEM?