Garage Floor paint peeling - What Floor Tiles?

larsdowg

Hi all,

read lots of things online about garage floor paints. Bought some very good stuff, but it keeps lifting................I keep painting the area, leave it a few weeks, keeps lifting!!

So thought I would go floor tiles.......... worked out I need 8m squared to park the ZED on.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but am fed up of the peeling floor in my man cave.

Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE :wacko: and end my 'pealing pain'!!

Cheers

Lars

• Like 1

Thanks Randy, I have read this but wondered if anyone had had a bit more experience of Foam/Plastic tiles..... and had actually laid these in their own garage

Not sure what these are that Darren-B has in his garage - but that is what I will be using (or similar) when it comes to 'upgrading' mine:

2014-12-09_22-15-20.jpeg

• Like 1

You need to tell us what type of garage, is it open, closed ,brick wall, cement floor is sealed or not maybe photos etc

etc .

Closed double garage. ...

Brick build. ...

Sealed concrete. ...

I didn't want to tile the whole floor just an edged section to park the ZED on

Cheers

Lars

• 1 month later...

I've just relaid my tiles , I got fed up with them moving across the floor and rising up with the 370 driving on them , heavy car/auto/sticky tyres is less than ideal , so this time I've stuck them down with gripfill , will have to see how it goes

If I hadnt already sourced tiles (Long story but cant help you find any) I'd put two lines of carpet tiles where you park the wheels and leave the rest painted

I've tried all the paints even the epoxy stuff and nothing lasts more than a year or two

P1000917.jpg

• Like 1