Warm up time.

jjdugen

Hi all.

Don't know whether tech or general but...

How long does it take to the Z get warm enough to drop engine revs to normal idling?

Mine seems to take up to 10 mins before the temp gauge starts to climb and the revs drop back from circa 2K to just below 1K.

On a recent run at steady motorway speeds, early morning so a bit chilly, the temp gauge hardly moved, had me leaping out to check coolant level!

Is this OK? I know its a big lump with a big rad but on most of my local drives I hardly need to touch the accelerator!

Cheers

Hi all

Once the gauge moves, the heater is nice and toasty. I did suspect the thermostat myself, just needed a bit of confirmation. It may just be that I drive it like a pussy until warmed...

Anyway, where is the thermo, how easy to get too?

Cheers

Have you changed anything recently, or cleaned the throttle body?

If the idle has always been high try the idle air volume reset.

Do it once the car is warmed up and all switches (fan especially) are off. Mine idles at around 1500 cold and within 30 seconds drops to maybe 1200, then 800 when warm.

If you have Air Con switched on it raises the idle a bit...

Think you need to go back to the start of the thread 10 mins is way to long for warm up and it will get longer the colder the weather gets faulty thermostat gets my vote pedal dances will reset ecu this has no effect on the thermostat