Kwik fit strikes again

martybhoy

I know the guys at kwik fit take a hammering when it comes to mechanical expertise etc.

I was dissapointed today however after waiting 50 minutes to get my wheels balanced.

They wouldn't take the job because it has the Tarmac side steps on and said that the car was too low to get a jack under. I will add the car is stock height with the steps.

Disappointed! Was only using them as local to work and the wheels needed done. Anyone else had this issue with the steps?

I hate kwikfit.

Used to use them for my old company van.

Been to them for a air con regas 3 times - "sorry, wait is about 4hrs"...got there 4th time "yea, we can get you in straight away"... Only to be told 50mins later that they don't have any "gas" left lol

Yeah I normally try to defend guys like that because they are easy targets but the service and work is so bad.

I even said to the guy I've got a low profile jack at home that could get the car up is there no way you can do it without using the ramps?

They didn't want to risk the job so said no can't do it at all.

Poor show!

So they turn down work for fear of damaging a nice car, and you're having a pop at them? Granted, they should've checked when you first got there if they'd seen the car, but even so this is nit-picking of the highest order.

Personally, I think it's good to see them taking a bit of care rather than just going in blind.

• Like 2

Surely there's an element though that these tyre "experts" should be set up to deal with every (or most) common scenario(s)? Its not as if lowered cars and bodykits are few and far between.

I've got a low entry trolley jack, why haven't they? I think it was £40 from machine mart! We don't all drive mondeos and astras!

Personally I wouldn't take my car to any fast fit centre unless it was an absolute necessity.

But I agree that it's decent and fair enough that they've stopped before they damaged anything with the equipment that they had available.

• Like 1

I see your point ekona and Alex. However when their main business is through tyres I would expect them to have experience with all sorts of vehicles and body styles etc and solutions to the irregular vehicle requirements. You both know the cars stock are low but not the lowest. I didn't want them to do a job risking the parts of the car. Just attempt it from a more appropriate method than simply putting it up on a ramp.

Looking for the easy way out I think.