Look what I came home to ......

davedutch

Looks like you're gonna have to fork out for a mini then! :doh:

Strange you should say that, for the last hour all he has done is show me pics of classic mini's and tell me how cheap they are to maintain and insure (£400 in his name as a 17 year old learner)

Looks like you're gonna have to fork out for a mini then! :doh:

Strange you should say that, for the last hour all he has done is show me pics of classic mini's and tell me how cheap they are to maintain and insure (£400 in his name as a 17 year old learner)

Insurance is always cheap as a learner. You should check what it will cost once he passes his test. Big difference even for the same car.

When i was 17, as a learner i could insure BMW 330i for less that £400, but as soon as you change your license from provisional to full. Watch the number climb. (Probably not on an old mini but watch out for other cars)

• Like 1

Been down this road twice before with my two older ones, and yes insurance as a learner is quite reasonable, all I would say is it is cheaper to buy them a car and insure it in their name than to risk adding them to your own insurance. Insurers assume you are lying when you put a young driver down as a name on your policy so they load it massively.

Going old mini hunting this weekend, should be fun... Budget will be limited cos it can't be allowed to affect my budget for a 370 ( got to keep my priorities !!!!)

Edited by davedutch
  • Like 1