Race of Champions

H5

Looking forward too. :D

PS anybody who needs parking can park for free in my hotel private car park in Harrow which is 2 stops from Wembley (5mins on tube-Met line). My hotel is a 7 min walk to Harrow on the Hill Station. PM me for adress etc.

Anyone need details how to get there let me know, its right in my neck of the woods

Did anyone else realise that the inside track was way quicker. I reckon at least 0.5 secs. I counted 10 v's 4 wins to an inside start at one stage and of the 4 outside wins, 2 were due to a crash and an off. Also, Schuey managed to get to the final never having raced from the outside, so shouldn't have even been in the final IMHO. Also, what was all this switching cars at the last run. Very suspicious

I know they can't make it completely fair, but why didn't they ensure that drivers had to start from both sides. Ekstrom got himself in the final by winning from the outside too.

Glad I didn't go now as it really wound me up. At least justice was done in the end. Even though Schuey got 2 of the 3 starts from the inside, Ekstrom out classed Schuey.... :thumbs:

Good day out, though a bit cold!

Schumacher (I hate to say it!) was the best driver there & IMO stole the show. He did'nt win, somehow Ekstorm beat him in the last race, Schue didnt lose due to spin, he was a way behind & spun pretty much after Ekstrom had crossed the line.

But Shue consistently broke the lap record time after time in differing cars & nobody apart from him broke the lap records. He was IMO the most precise driver, fluid & neat, not tail out or sliding. Though on final lap of final race he made one of the only mistakes, locking up all 4 wheels under braking & losing a second or more?. It was really interesting to see how the style of the F1 drivers differed to the rally drivers. IMO the tight twisty circuit was good for the rally drivers but the tarmac suited the F1 drivers so fairly even. Ekstrom was also very neat & precise driver.

The F1 cars were deafening, the whole stadium was vibrating & echoing with the sound of two F1 cars doing donuts at near max revs!!!

Fitting tribute to the great Collin McRae with a lone bagpiper & his World rally winning Subaru doing a parade

Did anyone else realise that the inside track was way quicker. I reckon at least 0.5 secs. I counted 10 v's 4 wins to an inside start at one stage and of the 4 outside wins, 2 were due to a crash and an off. Also, Schuey managed to get to the final never having raced from the outside, so shouldn't have even been in the final IMHO. Also, what was all this switching cars at the last run. Very suspicious

You right inside was quicker ! Shue changed cars as he had the red one 1st & IMO was only fair to swop to yellow as the red one just had a big off into sand on previous race & seemed slower after.

IMO though Ekstrom won, Shumacher was the best driver there, he made lap after lap look so effortless & easy, consistently beating lap record, race after race, in every type of car. Imo he was a class above all others there, & I dont even like him! (changed my mind now though!)) Apart from Senna I think he is one of the greatest drivers :surrender:

You right inside was quicker ! Shue changed cars as he had the red one 1st & IMO was only fair to swop to yellow as the red one just had a big off into sand on previous race & seemed slower after.

IMO though Ekstrom won, Shumacher was the best driver there, he made lap after lap look so effortless & easy, consistently beating lap record, race after race, in every type of car. Imo he was a class above all others there, & I dont even like him! (changed my mind now though!)) Apart from Senna I think he is one of the greatest drivers :surrender:

Admittied Schuey is a legend but: -

1. He got to the final wihtout having to race the slower outside track, whereas Ekstrom beat Praiulx in the semis running from the outside.

2. He was the only one to get overtaken, (the team event).

3. They said Ekstrom got the lap record on Sky not Schuey.

IMHO he was outclassed by Ekstrom and the best man won on the night.. :thumbs:

Was there too - boy was it cold (even for a Penguin!)

inside track or outside starting didnt see it making any difference - they swap over after 1 lap after all.. so only the grip at the start could really affect it and that looked pretty even..

schuey did very well as a non rally driver really and was totally dominant in the single seater buggies (beat Button twice by good distances) - but ekstrom was very good in the evolution F cars (more rally style)..

enjoyed it but thought it was expensive - guess thats why the stadium was half full.. would go again if it was 25 instead of 55 quid!

mcrae tribute was nice to see - got a good reception for that.. and Priaux got a great crowd response, especially when the other guy (forget who it was) spun his aston coming out of the last corner and priaux won by a foot or two!

Was there too - boy was it cold (even for a Penguin!)

inside track or outside starting didnt see it making any difference - they swap over after 1 lap after all.. so only the grip at the start could really affect it and that looked pretty even..

schuey did very well as a non rally driver really and was totally dominant in the single seater buggies (beat Button twice by good distances) - but ekstrom was very good in the evolution F cars (more rally style)..

enjoyed it but thought it was expensive - guess thats why the stadium was half full.. would go again if it was 25 instead of 55 quid!

mcrae tribute was nice to see - got a good reception for that.. and Priaux got a great crowd response, especially when the other guy (forget who it was) spun his aston coming out of the last corner and priaux won by a foot or two!

In the individuals at one stage it was 10 v's 4 to inside wins so there was definately something. They commented on this on Sky and said it was the same for the team event. We then anaylsed it to death and came up with the view that since the outside was the faster route, i.e. a fast sweeping bend, traction off the line was more important on that route, than the inside track.

BTW did anyone pick up that the Solution F Cars had a 350z engine.. :thumbs:

Solution F Touring Cup Car - built by Solution F with a Nissan 350Z engine, this prototype has 310bhp to shift 940kg so should be pretty spectacular around the

nice :) sequential gearbox too of course!

Missed that... :blush:

Haha, that will keep my Vauxhall loving mate quiet when I tell him that! He thought it was a VX unit of some sort :lol:

dont have sky sports, but if anyone knows where i can see a repeat either on eurosport etc.. or online please let me know. gutted i missed this.

Sinbad, Sky have just shown a 3 hour edited highlights show, if you are interested pm me with your address and I will send you a copy.

dont have sky sports, but if anyone knows where i can see a repeat either on eurosport etc.. or online please let me know. gutted i missed this.

Sinbad, Sky have just shown a 3 hour edited highlights show, if you are interested pm me with your address and I will send you a copy.

pm'd

Only missed this as i was on the birmingham do and i had an electrician round the house sunday... :dry:

even missed the footie too.

Cant wait to see it although i know whos won now :lol:

what channel was that on ?

what channel was that on ?

Sky Sports 2, it's repeated again at 7pm tonight

It was a god day, but fecking cold!!

Schuey was awesome, and at one point Piraulx looked like he might be able to challenge him. Button wasn't useless either!

McRae tribute was moving, and well deserved. If the weather was slightly milder, it would have been a good event for all. :thumbs: