Trackday noise limits 350z

Roscoe

Has anyone had any noise issues with a cobra non resonated with oem cats on any trackdays? Not sure on the Db level of these on full chat. Just asking as I'm going to bedford in a few weeks and they are known for the low Db level drive by noise limit.

Thanks

• Like 1

i am looking to book up BrandsHatch myself in the coming weeks, im doing a noise test this evening so will let you know - albeit on an iphone app.

(cobra non-res with sports cats.)

drop a PM to Joker (Kyle) i know he was recently turned away for his setup, but it was borderline but having heard his in the flesh it was alot louder than my cobra setup so im not too worried.

i am looking to book up BrandsHatch myself in the coming weeks, im doing a noise test this evening so will let you know - albeit on an iphone app.

drop a PM to Joker (Kyle) i know he was recently turned away for his setup, but it was borderline but having heard his in the flesh it was alot louder than my cobra setup so im not too worried.

I wouldn't even use the Iphone app as a bench mark dude. We've used them in the past and they are miles off.

I wouldn't even use the Iphone app as a bench mark dude. We've used them in the past and they are miles off.

fair enough.

any alternatives, aside from driving to track and finding out?

fair enough.

any alternatives, aside from driving to track and finding out?

Best off finding someone with a proper DB meter. The app recorded mine at over 100DB. But when at track it was 87, we then recorded a few more, and they were all 100+. So the data from the app was just @*!#

Think each track is different as well pending on their db metre, i remember Andy James saying he was 92db or lower at Combe then mentioned he was 96db at Goodwood.

Yup, mainly down to it all being used by a guy. I.e. the rule is (depends on which track) Hold throttle at 3/4revs / 2/3rd revs etc. And the guy recording has to stand about a meter away.

But all this is never going to be 100% same layout at each track. One guy might stand an inch or two too close, one might get you to hold the revs higher/lower etc.

Tricky one to manage.

i'd be very very surprised if you failed the driveby on that exhaust. keeping the OEM cats will make a huge difference to the noise level.

And also, i'm sure I saw on the cobra site (possibly before a update) that the resonated one was 88db, and the non resonated was 90db?

Bedford has a driveby limit of 87.5db, which equates to around 98db static - they advise if you static test close to 100, to take it easy on track and build up the noise level.

but i'd be very surprised if you get kicked off, have seen all manner of stuff at Bedford, porsches, fezzas, aston martins, McLarens, all lapping quite happily!