chrome books - advice needed

zebedy

Any computer geeks among us??

Ive been looking into buying one of these instead of a tablet mainly for its keyboard capabilities. Ill be surfing the net mainly but this is where I need advice.

On my old pc running windows, i was an avid fan many moons ago of down loading free music from various torrent sites or p2p sites then running Vuze Azarus as an example to catalogue and then to dump all on a stick, card etc.

Will I still be able to do this using the chrome book or others like it running non windows os or ios?? I beleive Google have their own os for these.

thanks in advance.

Zeb

Not used a chromebook as I like to keep my storage local but a quick google revealed this, probably worth a read if you're going for it.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/downloading-torrents-chromebook/

But TBH with spotify or amazon music or itunes radio or other services so cheap these days, isn't torrenting music just a PITA?

• Like 1

Think the chrome books are designed to just surf the web and do light word processing and that's about it. As mentioned above, do you still need to illegally download music? Plenty of good free services out there for music.