When the z burns oil :(

350z-reside

As carful has I can be on way home from work car starts with a knocking :( an it's the knock of death. Parked up at a friends work shop ready to start stripping I have always planned on fully forging the engine but was hoping it would be under different circumstances but every could has a silver lining as they say

What a bummer (sort of). :dry:

Have you been planning going forged then for awhile & accumulated parts already or have you got to buy it all now in one go?

Are you going just for standard size pistons etc or larger bore? stroker kit?

Sorry for all the questions just genuinely interested that's all. :thumbs:

Are you planning big power as forging is not all ways the best way to go. If your charged then yep forged, but if not have a think about what your goals are, oem pistons will be allot quieter and user friendly on a daily.

Edited by OllyB
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm wanting to go or fairly if power going for 0.5 oversized and I will be twin turboing it an I have been having been saving but got it all to buy in one so its going to be a fair hit to the bank account be at least I know it will be be good I'm a mechanic so I can do all the work myself an save myself a load that way so can spend more on parts :) I know it's not for every one to go big power an people will say it's a waste of money but I love the car an would much rather spend my money on something I love than going it getting drunk every weekend pissing it up the wall so bring on the build :)

• Like 4

Are you planning big power as forging is not all ways the best way to go. If your charged then yep forged, but if not have a think about what your goals are, oem pistons will be allot quieter and user friendly on a daily.

Olly it's been mentioned a few times about a forged engine being rougher / louder/ less refined . Is this the case with yours? It what way is this so?

because of the properties of the material used a forged piston will expand more with heat therefore cold clearances need to be larger to generate the correct clearance at temperature. When cold there will be more slap from the pistons hence more noise.

• Like 1

Some what you talking £?

Josh buy a gtr :)

For a nice one its around the 45-50k ...... As much as I would love to , it's just a bit much for me .... If I'm gonna spend 50k it will be to pay my mortgage off !

I know what you're saying though , all the dosh spent on my little zed and I will never see any back .... Gtr if kept up together won't loose a lot .

Not sure what's mine worth though , I would like to think 15-16k but I might be well off ?

Some what you talking £?

For a nice one its around the 45-50k ...... As much as I would love to , it's just a bit much for me .... If I'm gonna spend 50k it will be to pay my mortgage off !

I know what you're saying though , all the dosh spent on my little zed and I will never see any back .... Gtr if kept up together won't loose a lot .

Not sure what's mine worth though , I would like to think 15-16k but I might be well off ?

That's the thing big out lay but 40 on a r35 I bet you would see 30 35 back after a few years especially the low millage you do

I'm thinking of going standard next winter :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

Some what you talking £?

That's the thing big out lay but 40 on a r35 I bet you would see 30 35 back after a few years especially the low millage you do

Ya , I'm pretty confident it would hold its money well . It's not just that though , a gtr will costs a lot more to run/maintain/mod than my zed ....... It's a big step up financially and do I want to do that on a car that I don't think is very good looking . Been looking at r8 and 997mk2 for same sort of money that are such beautiful things to look at , admittedly they wouldn't stay with a gtr in performance .... But would look better going slower IMO