Swapping cloth for leather

Ash87

Hi all!

Just a quick question, I've found a few decent Zed's for sale, they all happen to have cloth interiors.

I have also found some vgc leather seats at a reasonable price.

My main question is this:

The leather seats have all the electric functions and heated, I'm not sure about the cloth seats, but is it a plug and play job to get all the functions of the leather seats working?

Thanks

Yea, id be interested to know. I just prefer the leather, looks better. But if it's a big hassle, I'll just buy a car with the seats already in. I've found a potential that I may be collecting next weekend. 😀

If I remember correctly there was a fairly recent post from someone who had changed out his cloth for leather seats without problem.

As Jetpilot says it would be unusual if different wiring looms were needed during vehicle manufacture.

Worth checking under the seats to see if wiring connectors are there.

Whilst it sounded crazy, there could be a chance somebody swopped out the leather to cloth retrim as not everybody likes leather especially the black in summer. ;)

Not crazy at all, I deliberately went for cloth as a) you dotn slide about on it as much and B) it wears much better than leather, my 100K examples look nearly new :)

• 2 weeks later...