New GTR for 2018

350zroadsterGT

More stuff.

LMP is not F1; you are aware of this, no? So why the hell did you bring F1 into this discussion to make any sort of point at all?

You don't know what I'm on about? You don't seem to know what you're on about either!

Not quite sure what I've written to make you so upset. F1 and LMP mirror each other interms of technology and both ultimately aim to develop things that will eventually trickle down to road cars.

Cars like the GTR will mostly likely get this technology before others, but clearly the technology is not ready yet. Though electronic assisted turbos are 100% coming to road cars, and they try to mimic some of the benefits of the MGU-H units.

Your right though about me having no idea what I'm on about, because I have no idea how anyone can make all these crazy systems work together!! I can see why the likes of Renault and even Honda are struggling to get their hybrid powertrains competitive. Frankly I'm amazed these machine work at all, let alone run for 24hrs at Le Mans.

Again sorry for what ever I've said that seem to have annoyed you so much :)

Edited by gangzoom

F1 and LMP mirror each other interms of technology and both ultimately aim to develop things that will eventually trickle down to road cars.

Not sure thats True considering one mainly uses Low reving Diesel units or small petrol/hybrid set ups to go long distance and one uses High revving petrol engines to survive only a few hours, LMP tech is more related to Modern road car tech than F1 by a country Mile

• Like 1

Does anyone ever regret posting things on here? ;)

I started this topic with an article and picture of what could be the next gtr, I personally liked the styling and thought I'd share it with the group with the intention of some discussion over its looks rather than what it has become, i.e. what bollocks my local Nismo guy is apparently talking and the details of hybrid systems and how achievable they are at present in either LMP or F1.

For those of you caught up in this, it was not my intention and I shall in future curtail my need to share such articles and keep my thoughts to myself. :surrender:

Oh, in that case you should probably know that those pics were posted here a few months ago anyway! :lol:

Also, remember the golden rule of internet forums: Thread Drift Is Life.

can find the front facing pic around since 2013/2014

Edited by StevoD