first drift day, teeside

nowhereboy

Sat bored out my mind at teeside waiting for my drift experience day. The guys are having a nightmare, the truck carrying the cars broke down so it's running 3 hours late. The previous session is still running and 2 out of the 4 cars have blown turbos and caught fire. The Marshall has also just stormed over to shout at the organizers for doing donuts in the wrong area. Posting this to pass the time while I wait, not very impressed so far mind. It's been a shambles :/

i know Andy the guy who owns it was out all night at the side of the road with a call out welder to fix the truck your on about

i know your only seeing the @*!# side of it but he did all he could to get any cars there for today he was going to have to call it off

Finally got on track. Turns out I'm pretty good at this drifting lark, holding nice wide drifts through the corners no problem. I guess using a Z for a daily has helped give me an advantage. I'll be doing more of this for sure. Need some events that give more seat time tho.

Finally got on track. Turns out I'm pretty good at this drifting lark, holding nice wide drifts through the corners no problem. I guess using a Z for a daily has helped give me an advantage. I'll be doing more of this for sure. Need some events that give more seat time tho.

get your own car down to santa pod or if to far go to teeside bizz is usually about and happy to give advice

Yea it was good once it got going. Not enough time in the car to really get used to things tho. I Spoke too soon about being good at it, I span twice on my last two laps. Left feeling exited but also a bit disapointed in my runs. I plan on doing the full day soon to get more practise.