Polyurethane front lip care - keeping it black

InsanezeD

Ok so how do you chaps keep your front poly lips black?

I started using back to black stuff but it doesn't last that long so I've been using tyre dresser and that lasts longer but eventually starts to grey.

Just curious if anyone has addressed this and found a decent product or solution?

I've literally just (last week) painted my PU lip. I used a plastic primer (rattle can) from Halfords. They do also do a plastic filler primer which would be better, as it helps cover the imperfections in the PU. :thumbs:

If you're keeping it unpainted, you'll be best off with a coating - Gyeon Trim, Nanolex Trim Rejuvinator or GTechniq C1/4/5 to name a few of the better ones I have tried myself. If you get the preparation right, they should last in the region of a year at a time (if not more). Preparation for best results requires the surface to be perfectly clean - that means more than just a wipe over with a soapy sponge by the way - free of oils and completely dry.

On the other hand if with the likes of a tyre dressing, you can expect to re-apply monthly if not more often to be honest. There are better trim dressings than those aimed at tyres though - I'm personally not a fan of AG products in general, whilst they're not necessarily bad, they're not usually much good either and sit firmly in the average category for the most part - and products like Auto Finesse Revive or Dr Beasley's Plastic Sealant would be my preferred choice.

If you are painting it though, that changes everything. :lol:

• Like 1