350z DE Engine - Clutch Help - No Pressure When Warm!

Jimmy

Alright everyone, I really need some urgent help! My clutch has no pressure and drops half way when the car gets warm.

I purchased a new Exedy Clutch and LUK DMF from Eurocarparts and had these professionally fitted at my regular garage as my original clutch was slipping. A day later when I drove my Zed for a while I noticed my clutch slowly losing pressure and eventually the clutch just dropped half way where I really had to press it to the floor to get a biting point! After the car was left alone for a while it was back to normal again!

I took it to my mechanic today and whilst driving I once again lost pressure on my clutch. My mechanic bled the clutch but the problem still remains. He thinks it could possibly be the Master cylinder which is at fault but he is unsure at this stage?

Is this a common issue on our Zeds? Does anyone have a solution? I really want to get 'Z'ena back on the road...

Any help is much appreciated.

I take it you checked the fluid level and also the pedal felt fine right up to the point it went floppy?

How were you driving at the time? Nice open roads with cool air rushing in, or sat in traffic cooking on a hot day? If it's the latter then I'd guess the usual new slave, braided line and fluid would solve it. It did for mine. It's quite common. Copy and paste this into google search - site:350z-uk.com clutch pedal hot

If it didn't occur in heat, get back to your tech who did the clutch.

I got fed up of my clutch pedal being unpredictable like this, so I totally flushed out the old, dirty fluid with new stuff - it took ages (at least an hour) and I flushed about 2 jam jars fo fluid. I used the "new" method I found on youtube and the clutch is much better now.

heres my post - Having problems with my clutch - bled the slave, but the problem was soon back, then found this

This guy seems to know what hes talking about - and from memory of the system on the z i think it may work

•  

Edited by gareth29

It will be the slave cylinder on its way out, replace it with fresh quality fluid and you will be fine. A braided hose is also a good upgrade while you're there.

+1 Slave.

Weekly issue this year on this site.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Hi,

first try to bleed the system ,....maybe change the fluid,.............or change the the slave cylinder.

The system was bled twice but still the same problem.

I take it you checked the fluid level and also the pedal felt fine right up to the point it went floppy?

How were you driving at the time? Nice open roads with cool air rushing in, or sat in traffic cooking on a hot day? If it's the latter then I'd guess the usual new slave, braided line and fluid would solve it. It did for mine. It's quite common. Copy and paste this into google search - site:350z-uk.com clutch pedal hot

If it didn't occur in heat, get back to your tech who did the clutch.

Yes you're right mate, the pedal just went really floppy!

From memory I would say it was a bit of traffic but it wasn't a hot day, however the car only does that when it's warmed up and the clutch has been used frequently. Also I did have a few open roads to put my foot down but I would say it's the frequent clutch change I described.

I got fed up of my clutch pedal being unpredictable like this, so I totally flushed out the old, dirty fluid with new stuff - it took ages (at least an hour) and I flushed about 2 jam jars fo fluid. I used the "new" method I found on youtube and the clutch is much better now.

heres my post - Having problems with my clutch - bled the slave, but the problem was soon back, then found this

This guy seems to know what hes talking about - and from memory of the system on the z i think it may work

•  

Thank you mate, I'll have to get this method carried out.

It will be the slave cylinder on its way out, replace it with fresh quality fluid and you will be fine. A braided hose is also a good upgrade while you're there.

Thank you Ewen, do you think I should just buy the Slave Cylinder and not the Master Cylinder? Is HEL braided cable the one to go for?

+1 Slave.

Weekly issue this year on this site.

I'm leaning more towards a Slave Cylinder and not a Master Cylinder I guess. Thanks

Surely to God they replaced the slave when doing the clutch?

I know it's not 100% necessary but whilst fettling in that area you might as well.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I guess I'll have to get a Salve Cylinder then mate, thanks.

From my experience it will only be the slave cylinder, I have only ever sold two master cylinders against hundreds of slaves. The slave cylinder is easy to change the master takes a lot longer.

We do a Hose Technik braided line for £20 for the DE

You have a PM.

• 3 months later...
From my experience it will only be the slave cylinder, I have only ever sold two master cylinders against hundreds of slaves. The slave cylinder is easy to change the master takes a lot longer.

We do a Hose Technik braided line for £20 for the DE

The man is right! We had our clutch and flywheel replaced and literally on the drive home in heavy traffic has the same problem.

New braided hose (because why not) and a slave cylinder cured it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk