Engine Dampers

Mudman

Hi All

Looking to fit one of these as bit of engine dress mainly as the actual benefit of what its meant to do seems inconclusive reading the boards and they are quite reasonable for a bit of added red bling

Anyone have one fitted ?

Just wondering if you need to fit in pairs and also will there be issues with after market air boxes ? ( Stillen )

Looking at the fitting guide its US so left hand side of bay so I guess we go right side ?

Appreciate any experience/thoughts

Cheers

Rob

All the engine dampers I have seen will just end up transmitting extra vibration and noise into the cabin,

If you really want to fit one that actually damps, then fit a mountain bike damper, that should actually do something toward damping, and not transmit all the vibration to the cabin, all of the so called dampers are just a solid piece of metal wedged between two bits of solid rubber, as said if you want to stop engine flex, go for uprated mounts.

OK was more a bit of bling for the bay with the actual damping a secondary bonus almost not keen on extra vibration although they are not expensive so may take a punt on the sexy anodised red ones from the Z Centre as they are half the price of the Stillen version and look identical

So called engine dampers do NOT increase anything bar vibration, unless they are actually a damper, and not a cobbled together bits of hard rubber and a couple of thick washers.

If you need to fit one then your std engine mounts are fooked, if anyone tells you any different they are just trying to sell you some engine jewelry.

I love it when you get so many differing opinions - My view is if you think it works or has worked for you - All good - If you think it hasn't worked for you - All Good too but appreciate both ends of the damper so to speak

Sorry! I just object to all the fallacies banded about the function of various parts, but yes your right I agree, if you perceive a benefit regardless if its measurable, then I guess its has done its job, and if its shiny or colourful then even better. :)

I have a few annoying rattles as well since the HFC's went on - I know what they are and where they and there is an outside chance this may assist - anyhow - have taken the plunge and grabbed the Stillen one up For Sale from a Forum Member at a decent price and will feedback how it goes for me.

Edited by Mudman