Washed and Waxed - Not good enough!!

Mikevv

The higher the GSM of the microfibre the better really.

You should call your local autosmart guy if you've got a wedge of stuff to buy. I'm sure he'll come out if you're spending a few quid with him even though you're not trade,

He'll turn up in a big van filled with goodies to rape your wallet

• Like 1

The higher the GSM of the microfibre the better really.

You should call your local autosmart guy if you've got a wedge of stuff to buy. I'm sure he'll come out if you're spending a few quid with him even though you're not trade,

He'll turn up in a big van filled with goodies to rape your wallet

This I like the sound of as I'm really wanting some advice once the zed comes back from paint.

My intentions were to go down to chemical guys in Glasgow for some advice.

Autosmart are sort of 'solid' detailing gear. Nothing flashy all functional.

I could critique all of their products along with everyone else's since I've started using CSP to be honest but then that's not much use to you because you can't get hold of them unless you're an approved detailer!

Ilogikals thread is going to be hugely helpful for your fancy bit but autosmart will sort your core stuff

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

This I like the sound of as I'm really wanting some advice once the zed comes back from paint.

The AS rep will only give you advice about AS products and even then it's often just the sales pitch rather than impartial advice. Whilst most of the products are very good I'm not sure they'd be the best to ask for general advice.

Chemical Guys will be a similar situation in that they'll give you their sales pitch... Unfortunately they don't seem to know what they're selling even! Try and find out conclusively what Blacklight actually is/does for example. I wouldn't trust any advice gleaned from CG personally.

For general advice, you're best off asking a detailer like Ricey or Polished Bliss - both of whom are incredibly knowledgable and honest and will help you out no end when they have time - or post up on here, you'll get varied options at the very least but there are some knowledgable guys and girls around here (somewhere... I'm told :lol: )

• Like 1

The AS rep will only give you advice about AS products and even then it's often just the sales pitch rather than impartial advice. Whilst most of the products are very good I'm not sure they'd be the best to ask for general advice.

Chemical Guys will be a similar situation in that they'll give you their sales pitch... Unfortunately they don't seem to know what they're selling even! Try and find out conclusively what Blacklight actually is/does for example. I wouldn't trust any advice gleaned from CG personally.

For general advice, you're best off asking a detailer like Ricey or Polished Bliss - both of whom are incredibly knowledgable and honest and will help you out no end when they have time - or post up on here, you'll get varied options at the very least but there are some knowledgable guys and girls around here (somewhere... I'm told :lol: )

And there in lies the problem.......me nan will tell you about a cracking plumber who ripped her off for 10 grand and a rep of any company will tell you how amazing something is.

Until you use it yourself you'll never really know (hence why ilogikals thread is so helpful to people).

Autosmart is a good basis to start your collection. The valeting industry use them as a good 'core' product range. They've also got a few bits of handy equipment onboard as well. Topaz in particular looks a very good polish. Ultramousse has a stunningly long cling time but is still 'active' (meaning not really ph neutral).

As ilogikal said done expect any impartial advice but I can tell you the performance of their range is firmly in 'acceptable' and not really in 'exceptional'......you can spend a lot of money trying to find products that even register as 'acceptable' mate.

Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Auto Finesse......they're all just resellers don't forget. They don't really develop their products. They buy in the wax and add a colour and a flavour here and there......next minute you think you're getting something amazingly special because it smells more of banana than a monkeys bumhole. It's all smoke and mirrors with some manufacturers.

That's why I've started using CSP products. I've got a 100 page booklet from the University of Liverpool with over 300 hours of testing outputs that they commissioned. That's product development!

• Like 1