Nissan Experience Day - Donington

Grundy

Well noticed a few 350/370z, so just wondering who got photos and videos???

I didnt get many photos, but I have a few videos from the passenger laps :) Had a great day, managed 4 sessions of 25, 30, 40 & 40 minutes... Went out so quickly in the morning that I forgot to setup the cameras so only have video from the next 3 sessions. Had some "moments" which were fun :)

Here is a screen grab from the GoPro video, just need to edit and cut the videos up :D

Red%20and%20green%20just%20dont%20go_zpsaeiakvql.jpg

Rallycross?

If only!!! I was following the GTR ahead (and catching him) but followed his line through the corner (no idea why) and he was not tight enough on corner and I ran a touch wide. There is another camera right on the front of the car, low down that captured all the grass :)

Rallycross?

If only!!! I was following the GTR ahead (and catching him) but followed his line through the corner (no idea why) and he was not tight enough on corner and I ran a touch wide. There is another camera right on the front of the car, low down that captured all the grass :)

So many times I clipped that grass :lol: Didn't realise that was you out there with me.

Rallycross?

So many times I clipped that grass :lol: Didn't realise that was you out there with me.

What were you in?

Come on then, who got some footage of THE 300zx?! :lol:

Hahaa - not me.... I had just finished my session and was admiring the work I had done on tyres (the heat on the front left was great - sticky) :)

Rallycross?

What were you in?

Come on then, who got some footage of THE 300zx?! :lol:

Hahaa - not me.... I had just finished my session and was admiring the work I had done on tyres (the heat on the front left was great - sticky) :)

The subtle Ginger 350z

Oh what a big nob

41acfad771e443d013cda15fc3c7b1a7_zpsllzmvnyy.jpg

cfbd50c569039498e00de40343a0a330_zpsgo1zca7j.jpg

Awesome pics Dunks :)

Pic 1) Which car was this in? They should have joined us in the drift area!

Pic 2) Had a quick glance at this one and genuinely thought Darren had put a bosozoku exhaust on the car for a minute, almost had heart failure :lol:

I remember that, let me through a few times :D

How did you find the "loop"?

Yeah, no point holding up other peoples exp rides on the straights :)

A bit bumpy :lol: I loved the day and the drive, scared a few people coming back up the loop, over the crevice. But hitting 90 then braking suddenly before the tyre wall to turn....that was a bit dangerous, if mine or anyones brakes failed, those tyres weren't stopping or saving anyone :lol:

I did find it funny with a couple of GTR's there to show off at the start, but then poodle around the rest of the track :lol:

A bit bumpy :lol: I loved the day and the drive, scared a few people coming back up the loop, over the crevice. But hitting 90 then braking suddenly before the tyre wall to turn....that was a bit dangerous, if mine or anyones brakes failed, those tyres weren't stopping or saving anyone :lol:

I did find it funny with a couple of GTR's there to show off at the start, but then poodle around the rest of the track :lol:

Some of the GTRs were a bit slow, but the loop is a little odd, to big corners that are completely blind on turn-in :) first one is great fun, especially with the bump half way through the corner and the blind corner over the crest on the uphill.

Yeah, was getting up over 100-110mph on that back section aiming for the tyres :D good fun.

Also the loop is rather hard on the brakes of the GTR, so some were a little paranoid. I had a load of fun with scandinavian flicks into the hairpin and then some decent oversteer out.

Cant believe 2 GTRs got black flagged for noise from the racetrack noise meters :D

Some of the GTRs were a bit slow, but the loop is a little odd, to big corners that are completely blind on turn-in :) first one is great fun, especially with the bump half way through the corner and the blind corner over the crest on the uphill.

Yeah, was getting up over 100-110mph on that back section aiming for the tyres :D good fun.

Also the loop is rather hard on the brakes of the GTR, so some were a little paranoid. I had a load of fun with scandinavian flicks into the hairpin and then some decent oversteer out.

Cant believe 2 GTRs got black flagged for noise from the racetrack noise meters :D

About 70% of the time my back end was having some fun turning into over the bump to go down :lol: Mircale I didn't spin that day.

Yeah tbf I was the same, So I usually did about 4/5 passengers with 3 laps each then took a break for 20mins etc.

The hair pin was a bit rubbish for me, mainly because of my ride height. If I didn't hit the hair pin at a certain angle, I was bottoming out :lol:

• Like 1

The GTRs were mentally quick off the line and sounded insane but 50% were very slow through the corners.

It is understandable though as the 'track' was quite bumpy and not ideal for large heavy cars. Still great fun!

• Like 1

About 70% of the time my back end was having some fun turning into over the bump to go down :lol: Mircale I didn't spin that day.

Yeah tbf I was the same, So I usually did about 4/5 passengers with 3 laps each then took a break for 20mins etc.

The hair pin was a bit rubbish for me, mainly because of my ride height. If I didn't hit the hair pin at a certain angle, I was bottoming out :lol:

Mine went through the first corner with a wiggle but the joy of the active 4WD, just keep at it :)

Ahh, the joy of standard ride height for me.....

Shame I was so busy on the loop, really wanted to get out in the drift cars!! The GTR just doesnt entertain the concept of drifting...... even with dodgy rear tyres!

Anyone with more photos/videos of the GTRs? I would like to copy links over to the GTROC.

The GTRs were mentally quick off the line and sounded insane but 50% were very slow through the corners.

It is understandable though as the 'track' was quite bumpy and not ideal for large heavy cars. Still great fun!

Towards the end of the day I was taking it easy on the uphill, blind turn-in to the left as my rear tyres were just not happy, but was pretty fast through most of the others. Track surface was not great, lots of stones and quite slippery.

• Like 1