Jump to content

AK350Z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    5,890
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AK350Z

  1. Watched some of it whwn we got in from swimming, looking forward to the next bit. Fran always donates to HFH and the Legion, coming from a forces family. I mainly buy pints for the mountain rescue being a Lakes marra!
  2. *dribble*
  3. Not keen on those heat finned brake pads though, just an excuse to put the prices up IMO. I mean come on, how many times do you get brake fade on a bike? Not many, unless you live in the alps!
  4. X0??? Your not contracting now you know! The thing about XTR and the like is that you really need a good reason for the lower weight, i.e. racing to make up for the cost. I have an XT chainset but guess what? When the middle and granny wear out, i replace them with the steel deore rings cos they last longer and the weight penalty is about 100g.
  5. Must go like a rocket on the singletrack. Can't imagine it's much over 20lbs.
  6. From a wee drive up Buttermere today. Wish i'd taken a proper camera now!
  7. Very tasty mate, do much racing?
  8. I've had a few bits from TF before, I expect they might get some buisness when I need the major services done.
  9. £210 Looks like a uk seller through amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-CHDMH-001-HD-Motorsports-HERO/dp/B002VA57XC/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1314028997&sr=1-2
  10. Theres quite a few places that bulk buy them under the radar from the US etc, and sell them on. You can self import from the US too, which for this model is about 150-180 pounds plus vat and maybe import duties. That one for 175 might be worth putting on the credit card for the Hoon. I'll take my chances on the warranty...
  11. RS6 also?
  12. Looks like you ram-raided Tarmacs garage!
  13. No need for a group buy mate, a quick google will get you it for less than that.
  14. Easiest thing probably to contact Paul T on here about the Shine replica Nismo stuff, it's supposed to be quite good.
  15. Lovely colour, really needs some non-black wheels to set it off though.
  16. Mr Rev. I think that Toyota is the find of the day bullet proof engine and a good bit of luxury too You can buy an awful lot of petrol for £880 at least two tanks 160K is barely run in! For sub 1K does it matter what fuel it runs? it'll probably not be a modern diesel, so if it gets modern mpg, it'll be dog slow - like the old Peugot 406s. Will also cost more to service too. That hondas much better, change the oil once or twice a year, new plugs and belts occasionally, and run it into the ground!
  17. As you are here Alex, whats the craic with oversize pistons? Surely they wouldn't fit?
  18. I thought that when I heard the report, It's usually pretty obvious if the pilot banged out in time.
  19. Had our big day out at Grizedale today, four of us completed a lovely techy, singletracky, off-piste 18 miles and 2100ft ascent. The rain even held off till after we finished. Probably one of the best rides I've had in the last couple of years, it was amazing. Even had a wee swim at Esthwaite water 3/4s of the way round Quite funny that 3 out of 4 of us had new bikes too No wonder we all enjoyed it! New Cannondale Jekyll New Santa Cruz Nomad
  20. AK350Z

    Non GT

    +1 I bought my non-gt new, as I did my reserch before hand and bought the car I wanted, and not for the next man. The whole leather seat lust is totally beyond me, as most leather grades short of full on Nappa are pretty naff IMO. I would say the only deal breaker is if you simply MUST HAVE cruise control. At retail, i certainly wasn't going to part with £2.5K just for that, even if it would have been nice.
  21. Roughly plotted the route on bikehike, came out as 17.83 miles and 2500ft ascent. Who needs a GPS eh? (Not that I ever underestimate things or anything! )
  22. Oh I have an app, but just normally forget to switch it on! Plus it hammers the battery.
×
×
  • Create New...