Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Great videos Sam, Your car FLIES!!! Can`t wait to get mine tuned now
  2. Fitted mine this evening
  3. UPDATE The last few days have been boring & slow, I`m still yet to get the FRS but I have received a few other bits Stillen engine damper & replacement fuel tank seal from ZMANALEX quick service as always So got the damper fitted in about 20minutes Also I got a big black hose Which I used to replace the supplied (SHort) hoses to this, I now have a little more tolerance with clearance & alignment issues I also got my Lambda boss welded into the exhaust for when the new AFR kit turns up, the one from my last install has seen better days The new mini catch can arrived today to so went about fitting that to. Fixed the mounting bracket to the power steering reservoir bracket Then Mounted the can It was fairly loose in the bracket so I used a little silicone hose to clamp it tight Using the stock pipe from the rocker cover, which has a one way valve at the rocker cover, so no worries there when running boost Then connected up with a few hose clips & new piece of braided fuel line to the plenum, job done. Only took about 20mins I then decided to get the plenum off ready for the FRS, Also removed the plugs ready for when they arrive & run a new coolant hose to bypass the TB. I have my fingers crossed that a few more bits turn up in the morning, otherwise it`s going to be a drunk weekend
  4. Good work guys, glad you have got to the bottom of your problems & running again
  5. It`s going to be a blast
  6. I have a machinist/ beer engineer, not sure how good he is?
  7. I`m pleased to announce that Oilman – Opie Oils are donating 1x £25 voucher towards the raffle Thanks
  8. I`m pleased to announce that Mitz – CS is donating 1x HEL Brake Line Kit Thanks
  9. I don`t do things in halves, I`ll probably end up following in your footsteps & have it stripped right down in the Autumn. Hope to have an update tonight
  10. I ordered the kit with 10mm fittings as I measured the stock fittings prior to ordering I`m not sure as to if I should fit a 1way valve after the baffle as mine will be making positive pressure from the plenum, don`t really want the crap oil going back in, but I can`t really see much escaping tbh With the PCV side, on the vortech setup it is re0routed to the intake filter before the blower, I`m going to keep an eye on this, mine has never blown any oil through to the TB in the NA setup but if it starts I`ll remove it from the filter & just stick a mini K&N on the end of the rocker cover
  11. How strange, I ordered one of these on tuesday should arrive tomorrow Glad to see it works
  12. I`ve had to start my own build now Hope Jez can help you out & the fault can be found without to much more hassle
  13. Already have the Berks & Milltek fitted, I was looking at the Japspeed baffled sump, but a bit concerned about having an Ali sump as if I was to knock it, Ali doesn`t bend like steel, it just cracks
  14. I like to keep a little stock, just need to find somewhere to keep it all now I can`t wait
  15. I`m actually getting a little frustrated with it as I`m still waiting for parts so I can`t really continue with anything. I`m going to wait until the car is running until I change all the fluids, that way I can get them warmed up a little before dropping them so that I can get more of the old oils out
  16. Forgot to add the second picture
  17. I`m pleased to announce that Steve 350z – Redline Styling is donating 1x Carbon Fiber Nismo gear knob Thanks
  18. I see my details have been updated
  19. Quick update, another package arrived today, I got really excited hoping that it was to be the FRS, plugs & MAF, but was only a few service items Some engine oil, transmission oil, Diff oil, PS fluid & a couple of wiper blades
  20. I went for the tuner kit as the car is going to be tuned with uprev on the stock ecu rather than running piggybacks, I have already installed the walbro pump, just waiting for the frs, maf & plugs. Then I'll install the injectors with all that & get the beast tuned Darren on a mission. Life's to short to hang around
  21. I went for the tuner kit as the car is going to be tuned with uprev on the stock ecu rather than running piggybacks, I have already installed the walbro pump, just waiting for the frs, maf & plugs. Then I'll install the injectors with all that & get the beast tuned
  22. Numberplate minus 50, The numberplate can be the pub figure
  23. Thanks guys This afternoon I made a few little tweaks after gently driving the car up & down my close, had to tighten the main belt a little as the PS was a little heavy when maneuvering, I`ve also decided that I`m going to replace the hoses on my oil cooler as I`m not happy with the way they are routed at the moment. I then thought I`d prepare for when the FRS arrives so removed the intake pipe, & plenum Cleaned around the fuel rail & injectors before removing This is now as far as I can go until I get the rest of my parts So off to the pub
  24. Possibly, I`m still waiting on the FRS, plugs & MAF which should arrive this week, then hoping to get it dropped off for mapping early next week. Got the injectors & plugs out today so shouldn`t be much of a job when it all arrives
  25. Trouble is I spent allday yesterday in bed feeling sorry for myself after over indulging on Saturday
×
×
  • Create New...