-
Posts
6,092 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Darren-B
-
Wales 2012 - Supporting Hope House 26/4 UPDATE P.1
Darren-B replied to Chesterfield's topic in Meets
A big thanks to Leon @ EPRacing for his generous donations 1X EPR 350mm Deep dish steering wheel 1X Nismo Gear Knob White 1X Nismo Gear Knob Black 1X Pivot Push Start Button -
-
I'll try, but it makes me weak at the knees when the exhaust valves open up,
-
May 2010 that was the mini heat wave if I remember rightly? A repeat of that would be fantastic Ian I think it`s now limited to 50 as it`s somthing to do with the clubs insurance, but I may be making it up, I`m sure someone will be alone soon to confirm
-
It is, been sweating one out this evening cleaning her Also made a new thread as it`s a little off Zed topic viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61062
-
In the very little spare time I have after working full time & 1/2, & modding the zed I do a bit of detailing on cars of friends & family. I don`t normally post about it, but this one is a little special. So the car arrived today after I had the zed SC install neigh on complete. Zed has been demoted to the drive & the Red beauty into the Garage for stage 1, the interior. Had to go in at an angle as I built my spray room as big as I could to allow the Zed to still fit in the garage, The Aston is 300mm odd longer The car is relatively low milage but the leather hasn`t been to well looked after by the previous owner, it`s a little dirty & has some minor scuffs &creases So done the initial clean & condition tonight & ended up with this The dull door handles were bothering me so I had to polish them & the speaker surrounds Hopefully I`ll get a chance for the second clean tomorrow & re-colouring on the weekend.
-
Well Done, it`s a Vanquish S That game didn`t last very long did, Well I have it for a week or so to do some work on, so best get back to the garage
-
Quick Update: A big thanks to Mark after our conversation earlier Turned out my FP was a little high as I hadn`t drilled a big enough hole in the swirl jet, problem solved & now have a steady 45psi @ atmospheric & the car runs good AFR when driven. Shall be dropping the car off on Friday afternoon So as expected the new machinery arrived this afternoon & I`ve had a big grin on my face ever since even thought the zed has been taken out the garage Can you tell what it is yet?
-
In the end I ended up pushing a low pressure gas hose through (lubed up) then taping it to the fuel hose & pulling through, Yes running about 50-55 FP @ atmospheric pressure, as anything lower than that & it leans out under any load. I`m running a base map, from your earlier setup with some more timing retardation & 4.5k rev limit. Feel free to post up pics of your filter when you fit it
-
I`ll give you a clue....................It`s big, red, vibrates, ribbed on top, but has a smooth underside & is probably NSFW
-
A belated update from last week. The FRS, MAF & Plugs turned up on Thursday, which I fitted on THursday evening, Fuel line held in place with screwdrivers in order to locate the best place to fit the regulator Fitted & plumbed in with return hose under the chassis running parallel with the other fuel/evap hoses. The front end back together with plugs, Maf & ECU fitted Then the Fuel pump assembly came out Stock regulator removed & return internal hose fitted, Slight mod to allow the return line to seal properly Trusty Dremel, worth it`s weight in gold for this build Hose fitted & sealed Then things took a turn for the worse & I got a little uptight Getting the return fuel line from under the car to the top of the tank was a complete nightmare as the new braided hose is about 3 times the thickness of the stock ones & has a big nut on the end. This was in-tale was very difficult to route up & over the top of the tank as there is very little clearance. Just as I was about to give up after losing most of the skin on my hands & drop the rear subframe to loosen the fuel tank we somehow got the bugger through. So got the fuel pump assembly back into the tank with a replacement O-Ring & return line tightened Prime the fuel lines & we have a leak up front I had managed to pinch the o-ring on the stock fuel line assembly after a little more swearing & a big hunt for an o-ring to suit I found one So tried again, .................... We had fuel pressure, turn key & broom first click & the beast was roaring. So then calibrated the fuel pressure & went for a little drive to ensure every think was ok. It was, had a short drive around the block then back in to check for any problems, all was good so then bed. Saturday I pretty much had nothing to do so gave her a quick clean & cleared the garaged out to make room for some new machinery thats due tomorrow Watch this space as there could be an exciting update tomorrow evening
-
All those mods but no engine internals, I had one of these about 7years ago, done a few power mods & a revo re-map, 282hp & within 1k busted a con-rod & ended up having to re-build, with custom pistons & bored out block. Do the math, 1.8 - 350bhp
-
Very nice Dave, I`ll look forward to seeing it
-
I thought that was a GM one by the school? But there are 4 that I know of in the Gravesend area Where are you Bry? Nope not me, and I'm in Springhead Park and my old girl is now garaged...
-
Good job I didn't mount a camera, tonight hasn't quite gone to plan & there has been more than one occasion where I threw my toys out the pram. but the car is running I shall update tomorrow
-
I wouldn't mind betting that Guns has done similar mileage to Rosie with the last few outings
-
That woul make you a terrible host if you didn't
-
I hope to be up & running again tonight, ecu is having a base map put on today & frs, plugs & maf being collected this morning Might have to get one of those cameras in my garage
-
Are you two doing another trial run?
-
Bit I have a new noise, I need tunnels
-
So the beast will be back up & running for the weekend I hope My FRS arrived today, ecu is having a base map put on tomorrow, get it all in the car tomorrow/Friday & I`ll be dropping her off on Saturday
-
Are you replacing the block, getting it bored out or re-sleeved? Years ago I had an Audi block rebored & custom pistons etc after a busted conrod
-
I hope there are some tunnels
-
Once you have taken it apart to see how it works it's easy I was thinking this & I do infact have a larger filter on order, good for 600bhp aparantly. Although the ratings only really aply to NA cars as they have to work for their air a little more & never reach any positive intake pressure so any restriction in intake airflow will have a negative affect
-