Jump to content

docwra

Members
  • Posts

    4,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by docwra

  1. Im there again with a crew of 24 across 13 vehicles I think, its more of an assault than a trip Camping at Houx Annexe coz Karting Nord is shut but we will have a disco, big TV, fridges etc so will be good as always
  2. Surprised by the fact they were all pretty new models, do the old school owners not associate with the new breed?
  3. Its very good, I was lending a hand last time I was up there - the vast majority of people have a really good time
  4. Its a crazy idea but why not try the forum insurance companies that specialise in 350z's first, they even offer discounts ..........
  5. www.exceltechnicalconsulting.com is my company, aerospace and composite production
  6. Save another £3K, buy http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/196167-mazda-rx7-re-amemiya-gt300-hks-t51r.html, win at life.
  7. 11 years and Ive never realised. How embarassing
  8. £6K E46 M3, and it is as mint as he says, promise: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?545263-E46-51-Plate-BMW-M3-Mint-Condition-£6-000 Id be looking for something a bit more exciting though, not a TVR as its a disaster waiting to happen. Boxsters are good fun but upgrades and mods are going to be expensive, Evos are good fun on track so I guess prezas will be too. Got to go jap though really, how about a FD RX7, sorted 200SX/Skyline or even a boosted MX5 - all are excellent fun and fairly cheap to upgrade
  9. It does look alright .......... but in my experience painting standard wheels a different colour generally just makes a car look strange. I wouldnt do it myself.
  10. Yes. They sound pretty good banging off the limiter too
  11. Cheers ears
  12. He apparently has some headlight ballasts kicking about but his PM's are full and he doesnt appear to be on here too much these days, anyone got an email or a number for him??
  13. My passenger ballast has died again, and I need an MoT - anyone got one kicking around or even a light unit they dont need anymore??
  14. What are you doing with the old ones dude? I need a passenger side ballast, would buy the whole light unit from you if the price is good as the one I have needs reasealing - let me know
  15. We keep getting offered decent money for www.sxoc.com, when it gets to £50K I reckon I might just cut and run
  16. Have you been there? Im feeling probably no ......... The surface is tarmac and will wear tyres down, but TBF the same happens in the wet anyway. There is a tyrevan on site who will supply and fit new tyres for £10 each, you dont even have to take your own drift rims if thats how you want to play it. If you want to learn there are people to help, and the "playpens" are excellent for learning slidy car control without risking proper damage. Stress on the car is not really any different whether its wet or dry, things are going to wear out faster but its not really any different from a normal trackday, and while Oulton is great for beginners its very low speed and not particularly challenging, Pod can be 3rd gear and 50mph and without being funny, doing that with a trail of smoke is what drifting its all about. Doing 100mph+ entries in 4th is even more fun, but thats a couple of steps further on Yes, there is stuff to hit (occasional walls and other cars mainly) but its the next step up from Oulton .......... if you are worried about tyre wear then you arent really cut out to drift TBH
  17. Its effectively the same as walking up to your boss and calling him a £$%*!!, what do you think would happen then? Depending on severity of emails and who they were distributed to its either misconduct (discioplinary, wraning) or gross misconduct (instant dismissal) but either way I dont think the senior members of staff are going to have alot of time for the gossips ......... Very foolish to use company email to discuss your guvnors TBH though, not much sympathy here.
  18. FB works for keeping up to date with people you dont see often, whether they have moved overseas or just dont get out much anymore - I rarely update myself but find my feed pretty interesting Its also good for showing your mates pics of former conquests and making them jealous
  19. This, really, S2K is a cracking car but I couldnt live with it day to day, its just too much effort to do anything. I also found the fuel consumption to be horrifically bad and it felt a bit cramped on longer journeys. The way Ive always told it is if you have a racetrack on yoru way to work buy the S2K, if you have traffic the Zed is a better bet. I also dont think the S2K is quite mad enough to make the weekend car bracket, Id be looking at Elises and the like myself
  20. Mate, I have the hands of a scarecrow when it comes to this type of thing - I vowed never to do anything remotely fiddly or mechanical after I managed to blow a head gasket a while back WITHOUT EVEN MOVING THE CAR Seriously, Id try and be looking for a new light unit, and probably a full set of clothes, a dining room table and the fire brigade will get called out at some point
  21. 4 x on unsprung weight, thats not to be sniffed at So what, you NDT tested them, stress tested them and ran them for 50,000 miles? Remember, any compenent is fine until it fails. As regards Sickspeed, as far as Im concerned they are an unknown name, and I simply wouldnt take the chance ........ but then I dont like any non reinforced all ally nut.
  22. Seems my slightly leaky headlight has killed another ballast, where is best to get them resealed these days? Husky stopped doing it didnt he?? Before anyone suggests it Ive already PM'd Zmanalex to get another one ........ again
  23. Got to the box yet man, I need one myself ........ Drop me a PM if you see this
  24. Tasteful more like
  25. I know of a set of s/h genuine KICS Neo Chro R40s or sale Id steer well clear of those Ally Sickspeed ones as well, sub £20 on wheel nuts is not a good look IMO particularly with no thread reinforcement ....... how cheap do you think the fakes are 4RE??
×
×
  • Create New...