docwra
Members-
Posts
4,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by docwra
-
There will be lots of documentation, trust me
-
Have you not seen the threads on the SXOC Si?? People that own them like them, people that dont apparently dont
-
Still nothing at all round here, there hasnt been enough to even dust a road at all this year. Cambridge appears to have its own weather system
-
Personal experience? Not scaremongering? Youre on the wrong board mate, thats not how thing are done here I wouldnt think twice about running pattern disks myself, as someone else said they dont suddenly leap off of cars causing them to burst into flames.
-
1000bhp Supra driver... hubba hubba!
docwra replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Reminds me of one of my favourite vids: Watch the fuel guage for lols -
Yep, fronts and rears are different Ive got a set of Rays at Santa Pod at the moment, Id be happy to lend them to you for a (returnable) deposit, if you need standard 350Z ones I might be able to help as well. Im actually heading up there later today, Ill see what the score is and come back with a solution
-
£450 @ Horsham Developments: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=350z_mapping Worth doing for midrange poke and response even if it doesnt do a huge amount for headline figures.
-
I paid £200 for it mate. The M50 and fitting cost more than the car did
-
Did you not see my Dyno results? I had M50 Inlet, BBTB and BBTCB (Yes it had TC rather than LSD) with DaveF induction. It made 20BHP and better torque curve buts its not noticeable... Ummm, I had one and it was extremely noticable, like an extra 1500 useful revs, I also know at least 10 people who would agree - the engine is artificially stangled at high revs, how can freeing it up not be an improvement? I wouldnt even drive one without it having been done first. Seriously.
-
I think it is ......... but I also dont think you get 10hp from it, thats an urban myth. JDM's had slightly different geometry and were mapped to run on higher octane ut I dont think anyone has conclusively proven they are actually faster
-
Cheaper tyres, probably cheaper wheels and you know whatever brakes you go for are going to fit. Totally appreciate your logic but Id recommend a 17 as well, I had a 328i myself a while back However .......... All good advice but trust me, get an M50 manifold fitted before you do anthing, the engine frees up so much at high revs it feels like a different lump and also get a decat (i.e. with an angle grinder) will make it sound nice too and doesnt cost anything.
-
Can someone tell me why any 04 350Z for £6K, particularly with water damage is too good to be true? Seems reasonable in light of mileage, personally would rather buy a 50K one and save £1500 though.
-
Its under the strut brace, you have to pull a little tab out, not too difficult to find
-
who or what is Driftworks? Driftworks is the zoo where the majority of the UK drift scene (and a lot of people who want to be part of the UK drift scene) knock about. Due to all drifters being magpies, we somehow justify the fact that we need at least 10 sets of JDM rims at any given point ......... this is my cellar: and bear in mind theres another 12 currently fitted to cars and 4 not in that picture ......... As all 200SX's, Skylines, Evos and Lexuses all have a 5x114.3 stud pattern it means its an excellent hunting ground for 350 owners in need of rimmage
-
Re-re-re-re-read it and can see that now, you'll need at least one front and one back then. Still let me know where you are and Ill see what I can do
-
So what? If you go see the car then youll know its not in Spain, if you bang out £6K without checking something first then you deserve to get ripped. I dont have any feedback on ebay but I am still the chairman and treasurer of one of the UK's biggest car forums, does that mean the whole of the SXOC are bent? Either way I dont see it as *that* cheap - sure, its got low miles but it wont have forever
-
Ahh, on rereading you are doing it yourself so just want a wheel to put on the car in the emantime, you arent going to be driving about Let me know exactly where you are and Im sure I can find someone to lend you (probably a standard S14) wheel for as long as you need
-
Some have found they chew through driveshafts with a welder, otyhers dont have the problem. Definitely cheaper than fitting a 2 way though
-
I know a couple of lads that dont fit actually, they arent giants but are big barn door types - surprising as I thought the Zed was pretty good on space but obviously not if you are a big feller. Removable steering wheel is always an option though, and Im sure you can get lower seat rails if you are suffering on the headroom
-
245 on a 9J isnt a stretch, thats what Id run anyway TBH, and a 255 on a 10J. Id add that from a bit of research they are either 8.5 ET35 or 9.5 ET20, probably the matter is a 245 is looking stretched. What exactly is the problem here though, the tyre fitment doesnt look overly dodgy to me, if you think that looks "swollen" then you need a smaller tyre profile, not a bigger one ........
-
I dont understand why you dont take the car to the place and get them done all at the same time?
-
"It dont work like that apparently"? Sorry, Ive only been running aftermarket wheels on cars for 15 years now, must have just got lucky, even with the 44 wheels Ive currently got in my collection. ## Hopefully someone who knows more about rims will be along shortly, apologies for wasting your time.
-
Aye, I was at Twickenham last week, spent most of the game shouting at Toby Flood, I nearly ran down the touchline to see if theyd consider playing me instead. Shocking performance - missed touch from penalties twice, played a couple of 6 yard box kicks straight over the scrum, slowed the ball down when it needed speeding up and vice versa, 100% of his positional kicking was going straight into Italian arms. If we play like that tomorrow Im calling on my Irish roots and calling myself Paddy O'Docwra from now on, so I am.
-
Dont want to state the obvious, but could you not measure the wheels you already have? If the tyres look "swollen" then they are too big rather than too small, surely? Most wheels have their sizes stamped on the back, youll see a J or JJ figure, thats the width in inches and a number which is the offset. If you dont have these then measure from lip to lip, that number -1 is your width in inches
-
Tidy, come and say hello - we'll have at least 1 350, 3 S14's (running roughly 1600hp between the three of them ), an S15, a scoob, various motorbikes, a transit van and the peadobus ......... you wont miss the peadobus, trust me